Excel High School is a public, magnet school located in South Boston, MA. It has 515 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Excel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+67 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+47 Students
- A38 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Excel High School Reviews
My experience at Excel was good. I got to meet new people. The environment was good. I love when the whole school comes together and have assemblies, talking about ways we can make the school better, upcoming events or fields trips. My favorite class was Global Issues. We partner up with another country named Jordan. We learn about their country and ways we can both make our communities better. It was very fun! I learn a lot from them. I learn that no matter where you are from, we are all the same. The challenge about the class was trying to figure out ways to cause awareness so everyone can make our communities a better place.
The young people and teachers at Excel High School, are amazing and have built a supportive and loving environment. The administration however, was destructive to the learning and emotional culture that was already built in our school. They challenged student voice and disregarded the mental and emotional well being of our student. I wish for the years to come that the school finds an administrative team that supports student voice and power, as well as values the mental and emotional stress of urban students of color that see violence and trauma everyday.
I like the fact that all coaches are obligated and committed to there jobs, they help out anyone that struggles in and outside of school. Have different clubs that you can participate in and enjoy. On the other hand lunch isn’t that perfect but is better than anything. If you want to stay healthy, and of course if you play sports and have games you definitely will need drinks and something’s that will make you engage throughout your game and throughout your time during school. However, the school is pretty old but the knowledge is very powerful and the school has such amazing teacher that want everyone to be successful and definitely that’s what everyone needs in there life.