Everman High School is an above average, public school located in Everman, TX. It has 1,434 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Everman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+335 Students
- A+314 Students
- A267 Students
- A+252 Students
- A251 Students
- B+236 Students
- A-195 Students
- A-178 Students
- B+174 Students
- B-165 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 215 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.91 responses
Schools like Everman High School
- B+Mansfield Legacy High School
- Mansfield Independent School District, TX
- 346 reviews
- B+Wanda R. Smith High School
- Keene Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
- B-Brewer High School
- White Settlement Independent School District, TX
- 253 reviews
- B+Joshua High School
- Joshua Independent School District, TX
- 211 reviews
Everman High School Reviews
As a freshman, I haven't had lots of experience here at this high school. However, in my experience here, I have enjoyed it very much. In any high school, or school in general, there are ups and downs. Through all the downs, there are people around that help bring you back up. In addition, there is a wide selection of activities, sports, clubs, and programs. I am a part of the Everman Collegiate program, which is a great opportunity that I've greatly enjoyed. Everman isn't seen as a good school by first impression. They see that there are lots of students of color and old communities and society thinks of us in a negative way sometimes. However, Everman High School is not a bad place, in fact, it's a very fun place. It's probably not a fancy and wealthy place, but me and all the students here appreciate what we have!
I think my high school does not attend to its students well. Last year the water in Everman got contaminated and they made us stay in school with us unable to use the bathrooms and wash our hands and them not having water to cook the school lunch; on top of that, the bathroom flooded and they left the residue in the halls for several days and our A/C was also broken for several days. They also have a lack of supplies like soap in the bathrooms or functional sinks, toilets, toilet paper, and bathroom doors. They often times run out of food to give us at lunch or they give us disgusting leftovers. The faculty treats us like we're criminals and don't give us the respect that we deserve. Sadly, this is what we have got used to. I think what needs to change is the staff's attitude and their willingness to provide us with basic needs.
I went to this school all four years of high school. There was a different principal eery year because no one wanted to stay and they focus their time on trying to enforce dress code instead of trying to help us academically. The food is horrible, i wouldn't even feed it to my worst enemy. The last time I ate their food was in 9th grade. The early college and duel credit programs are the only good thing about the school. I was in early college which allowed me to graduate with my associates degree before even graduating high school.