Evergreen Valley High School Reviews

EVHS is an alright school. There are good teachers and there are bad ones too. I feel that the school is full of diversity and high spirits. We show a lot of school spirit and always try our best to welcome each other.
As an Alumni from Evergreen Valley High School, I think there is still much more potential to bring forward for the students. While there is a strong focus on taking APs and applying to 4-year universities, I think the school needs to invest more in their mental care center. The pressure of the future does take a toll on growing teenagers still manifesting their passions. With that said, there are many students who are using the most of their resources given and developing their own paths. EVHS is filled with many exciting events such as the Battle of the Classes, Homecoming, Winterfest, and so much more that will forever be in remembrance of one's high school experiences. I found my experiences to be filled with joy from friends and teachers, and had struggles with the pressures of college.
Evergreen is okay. There are some teachers that genuinely care about how well their students perform and their mental health, and some teachers are not competent to teach especially with AP classes. Throughout the school year there are only a couple of spirit days and activities that are exciting like homecoming and Battle of the Classes.
Start Your Review of Evergreen Valley High School
This school is very competitive. A lot of their students overwork themselves. We have a mental health issue. Students always try to out do each other. Only some of the teachers care about you and try to help you.
From the time I've been there, my high school experience was nice. Definitely go join the yearly Battle of the Classes and Homecoming shows! You'll make quick friends when you're working for a common goal. Teachers are either a hit or a miss. Some bad, some okay, some awesome. And their quality of teaching reflects their reputation. However, as an alumni, I've heard and seen the school spirit plummet year by year, which is sad.
Evergreen overall provided me with a pleasant high school experience. The community is filled with people who want to support me and are fun to be around. Being a music enthusiast, I firmly believe that the music program here is extremely strong. Having been a part of our orchestra and marching band, and having the opportunity to play in Carnegie Hall, I found my experience developing my personal interests here fruitful. I formed many bonds with various teachers and students, and learned much not just about academics, but also about myself during the past three years I’ve spent here. I look forward to continuing to learn more this year as well.
The school was overpopulated, and there were not enough counselors. Every time I try to talk with my counselor or set up a meeting it was either such a long process or it just did not happen at all. There were lots of sexual harassment cases that came up throughout my four years of going there and nothing was ever done about it.
I liked going to this school because I was a cheerleader all four years. Their sports department is amazing. There are a few teachers who really care about their students succeeding and then there are some that try to make it harder for students.
I loved the inclusiveness of the school and its pure spirit. The spirit days and class events were always packed and everyone tried to have fun with them. The crowd that considered them "lame" was always very small but also stayed respectful. The staff also took these spirit events seriously and with respect as well.
I myself am very active in the school and have enjoyed almost all of it. Classes have never been too hard, and teachers know who I am. However, there have been a few “different” teachers that gave me an extremely hard time when it should have been an easy A.
The epidemic is still who can be noticed the most, who's the richest, who's the prettiest, or who's the smartest- which is the only good thing. Most students don't care whether you need help or you're lonely. They look at you with disgust. Not many students actually try to help those in need. Also, most teachers cannot teach. I can think of a handful at the top of my head that do not care about their students, who have given up, or come up with lesson plans the day of. It has come to the point where cheating is actually normal. With over a majority of the school being mostly Asian, it lacks diversity.
A lot of the kids surrounding you will be very capable, use them as a resource. Teachers are sometimes very hit and miss, and it's very hard to get any of the counselors' time due to extreme overcrowding. However, the overall community is supportive and the campus is clean.
Evergreen Valley High is a diverse community of students with ample opportunity to explore all ranges of educational pursuits. However, the sports teams can use an improvement with new coaches or increased funding.
To be honest, it's way to overhyped. Yes, praises are constantly spoken about this school in the Evergreen community because of the staff and the test scores of whatever, but that's just what makes the culture here so toxic. This school is not one that I'm happy coming to many days, because the pressure about classes and teachers is so overwhelming that it gives me panic and anxiety attacks. I've had some of the worst teachers ever at this school, and they make me feel like getting an education is worthless. Yes, I am considered an "honors student", but when i'm pressured and mocked by my peers or even people i don't even talk to in my classes to do better or "not be so dumb", it weighs me down. I've achieved whatever grades I have with my own dedication and learning from YouTube-it's a better teacher than most of mine. You can't join school activities like Battle and Homecoming unless you're popular and well known, if you aren't then they will mock you and ignore you+your talents.
Overall, Evergreen Valley High School (EVHS) is respectable, with several great faculty members. There is a strong academic culture at EVHS among the higher-achieving students, which tends to create a rift between students who are not as academically focused. Unfortunately, this means that the school ends up encouraging success only for students who already are pursing academics. Perhaps the administration should promote learning for all students; for example, they should encourage students to take AP classes instead of dissuading them from doing so.
Although high school never lives up to its expectations of "a good time," at EV, there are some things that made my high school experience enjoyable and fun! Not every teacher is great, but if you do get to meet and get to know those incredible, down-to-earth, fun teachers, you just feel satisfied with going to school every day. Not only that, but the people I have met and friends I have created are irreplaceable and great people. EV offers many clubs that cover many interests and communities!
It is a very spirited school and students are very supportive of each other! The administration can be great or very selfish depending on the issue and time of year. Overall it was nice and I enjoyed learning at this school.
Start Your Review of Evergreen Valley High School
Although I cannot agree that Evergreen Valley High School is a Diverse, Cultured, and Socially Aware school, I can agree that they have made attempts to. I've encountered several racial incidents and we've created many events such as "Unity Week" to address them. Evergreen is known mainly for their academics. I really encourage the next generation to not just focus on academics but making Evergreen socially aware and cultured.
While students at Evergreen Valley High value academic and athletic success, they are also very spirited and full of talent! The teachers challenge students and help prepare them for college, but are also caring and compassionate.
EVHS is a decent school because the students work so hard. There are a few capable teachers, but whatever this school has accomplished is because the students are self-motivated to succeed.