Evergreen Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Evergreen Park, IL. It has 843 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
9901 S Kedzie Ave
Evergreen Park, IL 60805
Evergreen Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-97 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-86 Students
- B+80 Students
- A-74 Students
- B72 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-51 Students
- B+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Evergreen Park High School
- AWestinghouse College Prep
- Chicago Public Schools, IL
- 340 reviews
- AHomewood-Flossmoor High School
- Public School
- Flossmoor, IL
- 847 reviews
- A-Reavis High School
- Public School
- Burbank, IL
- 263 reviews
- A-Oak Forest High School
- Bremen Community High School District No. 228, IL
- 268 reviews
Evergreen Park High School Reviews
Evergreen Park High School prepared me for the many big tests I was going to take and preparing me for college. The counselors make seminars very useful. They go through the different applications, how to ask for your transcript to be sent, and motivate the students to apply for scholarships. They regularly are helping the seniors to understand their personalized plan for college and how they can help. The teachers are very willing to answer questions very clearly and love working with the students. My experience so far at the high school has been great. I am proud to call myself a mustang.
The teachers at Evergreen Park High School all have high teachings and it is very well reflected through thier teachings. The teachers go above and beyond to help their students, for example, if a student is in need of extra help or has missed a test due to an excused absence, most of the teachers will allow test retakes and provide additional information and examples for the current or past curriculum. Students are encouraged to raise their hands if they have questions and often say "No question is stupid," as long as the question is in along the lines of the lesson being taught. Over the years I attended this high school, the students were very fortunate to be exposed to and use new technology for educational uses. Smart boards, iPads, and high tech calculators were available for uses, such as, lectures, lesson teachings, and practicing example problems for any curricular course. Attending Evergreen Park HS has well prepared me to move forward onto higher education and I am very grateful for that!
I enjoyed my time at evergreen park community high school. Most of the teachers are helpful and ensightful. The counselors help you get ready for college as much as they can and the cop at the school is one of the sweetest cops i know. I learned a lot while in high school and enjoyed my high school experience! Thanks EP!