Evergreen Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Evergreen Park, IL. It has 843 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Evergreen Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-92 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-80 Students
- B+74 Students
- A-71 Students
- B69 Students
- B51 Students
- B-50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Evergreen Park High School
- AWestinghouse College Prep
- Chicago Public Schools, IL
- 335 reviews
- AHomewood-Flossmoor High School
- Public School
- Flossmoor, IL
- 834 reviews
- A-Reavis High School
- Public School
- Burbank, IL
- 259 reviews
- A-Oak Forest High School
- Bremen Community High School District No. 228, IL
- 262 reviews
Evergreen Park High School Reviews
The teachers at Evergreen Park High School all have high teachings and it is very well reflected through thier teachings. The teachers go above and beyond to help their students, for example, if a student is in need of extra help or has missed a test due to an excused absence, most of the teachers will allow test retakes and provide additional information and examples for the current or past curriculum. Students are encouraged to raise their hands if they have questions and often say "No question is stupid," as long as the question is in along the lines of the lesson being taught. Over the years I attended this high school, the students were very fortunate to be exposed to and use new technology for educational uses. Smart boards, iPads, and high tech calculators were available for uses, such as, lectures, lesson teachings, and practicing example problems for any curricular course. Attending Evergreen Park HS has well prepared me to move forward onto higher education and I am very grateful for that!
Some members of the staff truly care for the students and work really hard to give them the best education possible in the best place possible. There are many ways to be involved and the majority of students are at least in one club, activity or sport. Also, the facilities are updated and contribute to good learning. However, some of the administration is cold and removed, seemingly uncaring for individuals and more focused on group numbers and projections. Aside from them, EP is quite average in some aspects and very good in others.
I had a very enriching time at Evergreen Park High School. I was involved in sports and other various activities. I felt welcomed into the school with open arms. The school excels at creating a safe and educational environment for the students. The school allowed me to grow and develop as a student as well as a person. I would change the disciplinary rules at the school. They seem to be too strict and focus on punishment, rather than correction.