Evergreen High School is a public school located in Vancouver, WA. It has 1,800 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Evergreen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A235 Students
- A+184 Students
- C152 Students
- B+113 Students
- B88 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-80 Students
- B73 Students
- A-59 Students
- A-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Evergreen High School Reviews
I love Evergreen because it's so accepting and friendly. You can be LGBTQA+, you can dye your hair the most ridiculous color, and you'll be accepted and not bullied. On the off chance you ARE bullied, they (the faculty) will help you out. It's also well-prepared with resource centers, credit recovery classes, and all kinds of clubs. The only thing I'd like to change about Evergreen is....well, I can't really think of anything! I'm so glad the boundary changed (I would've gone to Union) before I reached high school because Evergreen is amazing.
Academic programs were excellent and included many opportunities to prepare for college, including strong connections to Clark College through the Running Start program, and to Cascadia Technical Academy. AP and Honors classes are offered and there is a strong tutoring center. Most teachers were very passionate, organized, caring, and effective. However, some graduation requirements seemed quite like box-checking, essential to follow them to a letter but not essential to show that the intent was met (like required volunteer service and highschool and beyond plan).
This school is great, but certainly not perfect. The EHS theatre program is one of its best features. The shows they perform are truly incredible, and the theatre community welcomes new students with open arms. In recent news, the brand-new Chromebooks that all students received are a fantastic addition and keep the students up-to-date. However, this school falls short in one key area. The food offered in the cafeteria is ultimately sub-par. Vegan/vegetarian options are rarely offered. EHS could really improve the quality of its food.