Everglades High School Reviews

I love the school spirit in this school from the intensity of the classwork matching the classes to the happiness the student emit as they pass through the halls.
Really great school overall just a couple issues regarding the math department. There are not many teachers teach mathematics who are knowledgeable in the subject, Mr. Dominguez is one of the very few. The history department is similar in that few teachers care. Mr. Doyle, Coach Peloquin, and I believe Mr. Clasner are the best. It is also important that you take advantage of the Cambridge program which if you past 7 total tests from 4 specific subjects and 3 of any kind you get the top bright futures award.
In all honesty, these four years have had its ups and downs. Regardless, this school was rather eventful and has its merits. For one, there were many extracurriculars and school-wide events that made it fun and enjoyable to integrate with one another such as after school clubs and competitions between the grade levels. It's also important to note that the school culture was heavily based upon the grade level that one was in and how well each level worked with their respective student council. One thing I would like to change would be the abilities of teachers to properly perform their job without such an extreme time constraint. All in all, the teachers as a whole were very good and the school itself follows suit.
Start Your Review of Everglades High School
Like the amount of diversity that the school has. The Cambridge program is excellent and provides students with wonderful opportunities. The career Academies are amazing, such as the sports medicine program. They provide students with wonderful tools that will give them amazing things to put on their college and work resumes. The school campus is large and a great environment for students.
I came to this school in the middle of the semester and everyone has been friendly, the teachers have been helpful, and the food is better than some other public schools. One thing that I would like to see change is the simplicity of getting around the hallways. A lot of times I do not see any signs of which classes are located where.
It was a nice school to to finish high school in, but one could always remember a thing or two about grade school they would have wanted differently, right?
My experience at Everglades High School has been amazing filled with many highs and lows. The school provides a safe and inclusive environment that makes anyone and everyone feel welcomed. The staff is very helpful and provides students with anything they need to succeed in their education, as for the counselors they do everything in their power to make sure students are ready to take on the classes they need and they also prepare students for after high school with many college meetings/presentations. Therefore overall I give Everglades High School four stars and hope they keep to these standards.
I loved playing basketball at Everglades. I love how safe the school has been. We just recently had one safety issue and the school handled it so fast and kept us informed.
School is average..no diffrent than any other high school. Dual enrollment is a good start..teachers seem pretty realistic and relay teachings to the real world...Sports dept..needs to show more of an interest to the players
There are a few select teacher that actually care, especially Advanced Placement and honors and very few regulars. Depending on where you land or "look like" you land on this spectrum you can be treated differently especially by administration.
Great diversity. Excellent science department. Accessible faculty and staff. The school promotes community involvement.
Great school for students that just arrived to the United States the staff is really friendly and ready to help you. The teachers are top notch and always trying to create and friendly environment in the classrooms.It does have a couple safety issues with the studetns fithing but it seems as this year it has been solved.
Everglades high school has a range of different racial and ethnic backgrounds and is only seen as a positive aspect as it allowed me to view different perspectives. Everglades gives the opportunity to choose challenging courses such as AP, honors, and AICE programs which I have taken throughout my high school career . The teachers and faculty help you along the way and guide you to become a better individual and shape you for the real world. Everglades also gives the opportunity to engage yourself in academics related to your desired major. I have been enrolled in the sports medicine academy since freshman year and it provides me with many benefits such as awards and certifications that I will be able to use after I graduate. Furthermore, there are a lot of clubs and activities on campus that students can join in any desired field of study or interest. Overall Everglades high school is one of the best public high schools and recommended to all that reside in that area
Everglades High School is a good school. The food is good, they have a variety of clubs sports and the academic is very good. They recently added the Cambridge Program which gives scholarships and challenges students to take more rigorous classes which means more work, homework and studying.
I liked how I made so many friends and how I was able to enjoy high school more than I did in elementary and middle school. My experience there was great, although, I think there needs to be more improvement with the resources and education.
Very good school. Teachers and faculty actually care about the well being of students and want them to succeed in future endeavors after they leave this school. The school did their best to make four years in high school enjoyable for all students.
It was a great 4 years. Just wished i did better my freshman year. There are a lot of good teachers.
Start Your Review of Everglades High School
I just graduated from the school and looking back it wasn't too bad. I wish that they offered more classes there but I know the school is steadily growing. The counselors were pretty good. The only thing that bothered me is that I was advised to take AP over Dual Enrollment. My counselors did not inform me that I could've received my associate's degree before even going to college. Never the less with all the credits I earned from AP, AICE, and dual enrollment I am technically a sophmore in college and it's my first year.
Everglades is truly what you make of it. If you stay with the wrong people and make poor decisions, like any high school, you will suffer. While the math department could be better, all the teachers are amazing. The history department is very good and so is English. The amount of clubs available is so large there will definitely be something for you to do. Getting involved with your grade is the best part and it is so easy to do so here.
I have been a student at Everglades High for three years now. I am heading to my senior year. Overall I would say this school has a lot to offer in academics and resources if you take advantage of them. The diversity is overwhelming in a really good way and school culture is very prominent. However, I wish they did more to involve parents.