Everett High School is an above average, public school located in Everett, WA. It has 1,493 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Everett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+269 Students
- B+248 Students
- A218 Students
- C+192 Students
- B-130 Students
- B-106 Students
- A-97 Students
- B+82 Students
- B+69 Students
- A-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Everett High School Reviews
I really enjoyed Everett High School in regards to the people, the teachers, and the experiences it gave me. However, a huge part of a high school is to prepare students for college. In that respect, I'd give it a zero. The counselors are awful and so is the administration and the college readiness curriculum. If you don't want your child to go to college, or if you have a student who is incredibly resourceful on their own, then this is the school for you!
Everett, overall, is not the worst high school you will ever go to. It has it's ups and downs, but it all depends on who you have or surround yourself with. There are teachers that genuinely was to see you happy and doing well, while others seem to only teach for they paycheck. Curriculum as a whole is average, but it panders to one audience and fails to show a broad picture and doesn't go very in depth with most topics. Students fail to see how what they learn here apply to real world situations. One of the biggest problems is the very eurocentric and white washed education. We learn about Alexander Hamilton and Charles Dickens, but we never see any diversity in our education. We don't see the point of views from latinx or african peoples, we only mention asian people in internment camps or the opium war, and or african people during slavery, and nothing too far beyond that.
Overall, Everett Highschool is a pretty decent school. The campus is very big because there are buildings located on a total of 3 streets. Most of the teachers do their job and help you learn. There are a few teachers that go above and beyond to help you become successful (aka most Avid and Arts teachers). The school lunch isn't that appetizing but then again no school had 5star food. There are many options, however. There are many students at this school who looking forward to their futures, and there are classes that fit their expectations, education -wise. Many students, including me, have had negative experiences with the teachers at this school. This is one of the reasons I gave it a 3/5. Also, another reason I took off a star was that being a student of color, I didn't see much representation in teachers and fellow students, who looked like me. Overall, Everett High School is an average high school located in an area where you would expect way less.