Everett Area High School is a public school located in Everett, PA. It has 479 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Everett Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+33 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A17 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Everett Area High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Everett Area High School
- B-Northern Bedford County Middle School
- Northern Bedford County School District, PA
- 22 reviews
- C+Tussey Mountain High School
- Tussey Mountain School District, PA
- 45 reviews
- B-Bedford Senior High School
- Bedford Area School District, PA
- 120 reviews
- B-Forbes Road Junior/Senior High School
- Forbes Road School District, PA
- 17 reviews
Everett Area High School Reviews
Wonderful school, new facilities, great teachers; offers a lot that you would want to see in a school. It is one of the better schools in the area, has competitive sports teams, many clubs, and more. It also is very supportive of its students, as you can always find a teacher or counselor to talk to. Some of its drawbacks may be its classes; it doesn't offer a ton of classes for its students. Other than that, a great district all around.
There are many extracurricular activities for the students at this school. The one that comes to mind is the music department. The teachers are very involved with the students and encourage participation. In the recent years the band and chorus programs have increased immensely. The students can feel the caring and excitement from the instructors which then allows the students to be excited and it causes a trickle-down effect to the new and upcoming students. At first the music department did not have a lot of support from the administration, but slowly they saw how excited these students were and also at the academics of said students.
It truly depends on which teacher it is. Unfortunately with the regulations that the teachers have a lot of their time is taken up with teaching for the PSSA's, which is a waste of time and does not really teach the students what they truly need. This also takes away from the creativity of teaching so that the teachers are able to reach each student that may learn differently. However there have been some of the teachers that have gone above and beyond this spectrum here at this school and have created activities such a Mystery night for English class. Or the choral teacher who takes hours of time to help a child reach their potential. Consistency in grading is great. Teachers communicate well with students and parents and readily make themselves available.