Everest Public High School Reviews

I have been given all the academic necessities to succeed in academia. Additionally, the environment promotes a growth mindset and passion for education! I have learned and developed so many skills! I am proud to call myself and Everest snow leopard.
This year been pretty nice. Very calm and teachers always willing to help. The system is different from other schools, that’s how it makes our school really different from others. Everyone is nice to eachother, everyone knows eachother. Also, every teacher knows you, they all try to get to know you. The best part of the school is that we have mentors and each mentor has at least 20 students. Everyone within the mentor group becomes more like family. We stay together since our first year of high school. The mentor group helps eachother, we study together, we go in trips together and many more activists. Something that I really love from this school is that at the beginning of the school year the whole school goes camping together, we meet new friends and we get closer to them. Also, at the middle of the school year, we go to visit colleges. We get to learn what’s great about the college and what majors they have, the dorms, etc.
I loved the teacher's commitment to connecting and support their students. I definitely would not have been able to pass my classes without their understanding and support both academically and emotionally/mentally. I do however have a lot of problems with their choices of academics. The way they integrated the new computer system for my grade, during our junior (most important) year, was very harmful to my academic career. However again through their support I was able to work with it. Also, I feel the 'college prep' aspect only helped me with determination and how to take online classes, not a lot of prep for lectures.
Start Your Review of Everest Public High School
this school is so bad my son went there and he said the teachers didn't help at All and one of his sisters said the same thing
At the beginning of my freshman year there it actually wasn't that bad. It was great actually at least for me it was. It wasn't until my sophomore year there in which they began to change the way the school system taught it's students and dropped the traditional way and began to implement a self-directed learning method. It probably sounds good on paper, but was poorly executed in the beginning and spend the next 3 years trying to fix itself. It wasn't for everyone and could definitely use some improvements. The school and the teachers are great there is nothing wrong with that however, the way we learned at that school wasn't very great.
The teachers at this school are fantastic, always helpful and there to help students progress. The administration can be very slow and is sometimes lacking. Although the curriculum is very different to a normal high school it works to help students learn.
I do not believe this school is completely a college prep charter school, however, it has helped improve my grades through their self directed learning curriculum.
Everest Public High school is an incredible place to grow. My teachers really take their time to know me. They go out of their way to help kids that seek help. The school environment is also really friendly. My classmates feel like brothers and sisters. My mentor group is so cute and I love them all. I feel like everest is an amazing place to grow and I'm so lucky to have gone to this school for almost three years. The school has grown so much since I was a freshman. We have more rules now and the school functions with more authority. Freshman year till now there wasn't really an authority figure because no one was scared of the principle because he was so nice and friendly. Now the principle is still nice, but he sets boundaries. Like many other teachers do now too. I feel like the school runs much more smoothly and I feel like the environment at everest is so supportive and helps you reflect on yourself so you can become the best version of yourself.
I like that the teacher really wants to help their students. One thing that I will like to see more is less computer and more working with the students.
This school is not how I expected it to be. Probably the best part of Everest is just how close the community is. The teachers here are extremely dedicated and passionate in what they teach. They provide such a supporting environment and are always encouraging people to do their best; they truly care about the students.
It's great but not the best because the system is still changing we have tutors now so it's kind of like relearning a new system, and sometimes I feel like I am teaching myself. But it's good beause we do problems in class and small group discussions and we have office hours every week if we don't get something.
It's great beacuse this school is tiny it's kind of hard not making friends. And when somebody is having a tough time or doesn't talk to anyone usually a student or teachers fix that and kindly introduce them to people.
Our school is a place where students can come and learn and feel safe. However we don't have security cameras or school searches or anything because we live by a code of integrity and trust which most people follow.
At this school to be honest their is not much of a variety of extracurricular activities because we are a school who focus mainly on academics which is why our college percentage acceptance rate is so high. But the extra curricular activities that have lasted the students are very devoted to and this will make them well rounded people.
I don't know a lot of the parents personally but the ones I do know I see them at celebrate Everest events and volunteering for school trips sometimes the same parents come every year and I think that's amazing.
I feel that the teachers are well devoted to their jobs here and to some teachers I feel that it's more than just a job it's a calling. I also feel that the teachers are really cool and easy to talk to considering the fact most of them are pretty young and a few years out of college.
They don't do many sweeps at school but the people that do drugs and other stuff usually do it outside of school
Start Your Review of Everest Public High School
At our school, they offer many places for you to grow and learn about new things. From art, to psychology, to girl club, they offer diverse classes
my dad is apart of the EPO at our school and from what I hear, they are trying to make a difference in our lives, its slowly but happening
The teachers here at Everest are constantly trying to make sure that you understand and can explain to someone else what you learned, they never leave you confused and try to explain everything in more than one way.