Evart High School is a public school located in Evart, MI. It has 262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- C23 Students
- B20 Students
- A15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- C-8 Students
- A7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Evart High School
- C+Pine River Area Middle/High School
- Pine River Area Schools, MI
- 68 reviews
- C+Marion High School
- Marion Public Schools, MI
- 10 reviews
- C+Reed City High School
- Reed City Area Public Schools, MI
- 58 reviews
- NGMecosta-Osceola Education Center
- Public School
- Big Rapids, MI
- PK, K-12
Evart High School Reviews
Evart High School is a very small public school in a tiny town. Diversity is almost non-existent. Academics are lacking but most of the teachers are good at their job and great people. Most students have gone through the entire Evart public school system so if you're new, making friends can have its difficulties. If you take the time to get to know the staff you can have pretty good relationships with them. Sports teams are anything special unless your in cross country. There aren't many upper level classes so college readiness wasn't there.
At Evart High School everyone fits into two categories people who are involved and people who are not I am one that is involved. If you were to walk into Evart High School you would see that safety is our schools number one priority we have had countless assemblies on how to be safe in our school. Some of the teachers in our school have been at Evart High School for a very long time. This meaning most of those teachers do not want to adapt to the advancements in technology or don’t know how to which as a student can be quite frustrating. Our schools lunch program has raised the price over the years but has not changed at all as far as what they serve. Our principal Jessica Kolenda and school counselor have worked very hard to change our school into a college readiness school however I feel that in a way this want to have a college readiness high school has had the opposite effect.
I believe that this is a good school to start your children at. They really do on making sure your kids are progressing at a respectable rate. Though one of their greater challenges are there student body. The school tends to be rather close minded and doesn't exactly appreciate people who are different. The teachers however are fantastic and if I went through school once again I would love to be among the teachers once more.