Evansville High School is an above average, public school located in Evansville, WI. It has 549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Evansville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+62 Students
- B24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-22 Students
- B22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B15 Students
- C+13 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Evansville High School Reviews
The AP classes are definitely rigorous and the content is applicable to the real world. Some of the teachers are great and competent but the others are not quite all there. Overall, the students are split- I would say about a third of them in each grade actually care about their academics. The administration is not strict enough about especially student athlete’s grades nor the general punishment policy. Our principle is wonderful though, he is a very busy man but he gets a lot done at the school.
Most of the teachers really care and try to teach and make a difference in their student's lives. Unfortunately, with the new phone and backpack rules, it causes slight "separation" in the direction the school is headed. With graduating in May of '19, I can say that the school is finally getting their stuff together to help seniors better prepare for college, but their ACP days often felt useless and not needed.
Evansville High School is unique school. Like most towns in the midwest, we are small and agriculturally focused. We have many classes dealing with agriculture and an entire wing of our building dedicated to "shop classes". On the other hand we have strong AP, computer sciences, and music programs. One thing our high school does every spring is a musical. This show is always incredible and draws crowds from all over southern Wisconsin. Another thing that is nice about our school us that the teachers are very concerned for your well being and want to see you succeed. Most teachers will give up lunch or time after school inorder to make sure you get the help you need. The students at Evansville, for the most part, are friendly and inviting. We have a wide variety of people that are interested in many things.