Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Evansville High School is an above average, public school located in Evansville, WI. It has 553 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Evansville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+74 Students
- B34 Students
- A-33 Students
- B33 Students
- B32 Students
- A29 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+16 Students
- B13 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Evansville High School Reviews
Evansville is a small-community school, so most of the students know everyone else. Evansville has a good support system for students, but in recent years has had a couple instances of not properly helping students who have faced issues with others. Evansville is also very good at formulating Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students who may need extra support, but has a history of being too relaxed in enforcing said IEPs.
The AP classes are definitely rigorous and the content is applicable to the real world. Some of the teachers are great and competent but the others are not quite all there. Overall, the students are split- I would say about a third of them in each grade actually care about their academics. The administration is not strict enough about especially student athlete’s grades nor the general punishment policy. Our principle is wonderful though, he is a very busy man but he gets a lot done at the school.
Most of the teachers really care and try to teach and make a difference in their student's lives. Unfortunately, with the new phone and backpack rules, it causes slight "separation" in the direction the school is headed. With graduating in May of '19, I can say that the school is finally getting their stuff together to help seniors better prepare for college, but their ACP days often felt useless and not needed.