Evanston Township High School Reviews

Evanston Township High School is an Excellent school academically. It has so much to offer as far as classes, clubs, activities, sports, resources etc. It has changed so much over the years offering the students the opportunity to excel
and prepare them for the real world once they graduate. All three of my children have attended this high school as well as myself. If there is one thing that I would change about the school, it would be to not take altercations so lightly. I have seen unpleasant videos of the children engaging in physical altercations to only find out that they are back in school the next day. Violence should be totally unacceptable with a zero tolerance policy
What I liked about Evanston Township High School was that it embraced diversity and different cultures. What I would like to see changed is how safety handles situations and the food.
Evanston Township High School is an extremely diverse school with multiple resource centers to get your work done and the help you need in Classes. It offers a wide range of opportunities and classes for all students alike. My favorite area in the school are our sports facilities that offer athletes the equipment they need to be the best athletes possible.
Start Your Review of Evanston Township High School
I love how ETHS has plenty of clubs and after school curriculums and they also make the school safe for students of all races, sexuality etc.
Evanston has very good academics but it is very large and sometimes difficult to get extra help from teachers when you need it.
My experience at Evanston Township High School was a great one. I am an Alumni and I enjoyed my 4 years before graduating. One of the things I would like to see change was to be more prepared with getting ready for college and my future. I would of liked if there would of been more classes that helped me prepare for it all. For example I wish there was a class that could teach me about loans, taxes, and credit.
Graduating next year, I see ETHS in a different light as I did as a freshman. Everything seemed so scary at first, but after acquainting myself with the resources and educators I understood that this high school wants you to succeed. Many opportunities, many classes to take, many clubs to join and many friends to make; it's always a great day to be a Wildkit!
Evanston township high school is a pretty great school. Good academics, teachers, and diversity. But i think the school could spend their money towards better things that they have in the past.
ETHS is a very big school that has many opportunities available to its students. My main interests are art specifically photography and at ETHS I have had great teachers who have been there for me immensely in learning the art of photography and following my dreams.
Since Evanston Township was an extremely big school, you always had the chance to meet someone new almost everyday and join all types of activities/clubs. Also at Evanston, there were many academic and career resources. For example, there was a college and career center where people would help you get jobs throughout your high school career, or even help with scholarships and applications for college!
Evanston Township offered a lot of resources including a counselor, multiple social workers offices, an academic center for kids falling behind in their classes, and avid room, a student center with multiple tutor rooms for specific subjects, college and career center, college advisor, credit recovery and so much more. It made it so that success was not hard to obtain.
i love my school because we really have some cool teachers who make class interesting and really make you want work hard they also give me support.
I had a great time in high school. It is a large school with a lot of different "groups". It takes a while to find your group and some people get lost. The teachers were usually good - but some duds. It's easy to get overwhelmed so you need to look for help and advocate for yourself. I was very involved in the Theater Department which was an incredible experience.
I enjoyed the diverse atmosphere and the well-taught classes of the school, yet there were some issues, such as dealing with mental illnesses, that the administration actually did little to help with, despite saying they would do more
ETHS is such a vast high school with loads of different faces, cultures, personalities, etc. ETHS is very embracive for its' minorities and is filled with many welcoming faces! It's very easy to not find your own niche for a little while, that's not to say there won't be clubs or people you'll get along. There is no doubt you'll feel the lively school spirit and the passion people have for change in their country and in their high school.
ETHS teachers are interested in you as students and are very much understanding of not only you as an individual (they never look down at you), but push you to learn and see your limits. They seek to better their classes and the materials they bring forth to you, they're never robotic.
The facilities are a bit poor and the lunch can be unsatisfactory, but besides that, if you reach out and let yourself be open to the diversity and passions ETHS has to offer, your experience will be grand.
I think ETHS is amazing including diversity of the school but we need to work on a lot of things, starting with the placements for AP and Honors classes and we definitely need to work on our sexual assault protocol
It is a very good school but has problems because some teachers just don’t care any more and are bad, also claims diversity when in reality the school is very segregated.
Start Your Review of Evanston Township High School
I was a transferring sophomore last school year and walking in to such a big school had me overwhelmed but everyone was so welcoming and friendly which had me enjoy coming to school to see my friends and get involved in sports and extra curricular activities. I love how there are numerous clubs, sports, and activities that are for every individual and that there are summits for different races and identities. I’ve never seen that before. Because this school pulls from many different areas it showed me a variety of different people and how we come together sharing the same interests no mater our background, race, identity or sexual orientation. It is a very inclusive school, but has a few flaws regarding some of the policies, cafeterias and cleanliness. I am very happy at this school and it is bringing me many exciting opportunities!
I enjoyed that while class level was competitive the environment was not super competitive. I also felt that most of the staff was there to help me. The only downside was that while we received chrome books they are not made to last all four years.
This school is very diverse, involves students in the decision, and offers countless opportunities in both classes and extracurriculars.