Evans High School is an above average, public school located in Evans, GA. It has 1,854 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Evans High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B244 Students
- A+241 Students
- B+200 Students
- B+125 Students
- B86 Students
- B85 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Evans High School Reviews
My experience at Evans has been amazing. The education that I have gotten from my teachers over the years is something that I’m not going to forget. The teachers are so caring and willing to help you in any way they can. And that’s one thing I like and the school. They put education first, making sure we understand what is being taught. No student is ever over looked. Everyone gets equal amount of attention. Evans has helped me decide what I want to pursue my career in after I graduate. And I am very thankful for that. The administration does an excellent job and making sure the school is same and keeping everything under control. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to spend my 4 years of high school at Evans.
The school is mostly an average school. The school have good positive review with the athletic program. Athletes from different sports show competitive and supported to their oppenents and teammates. However, the school needs some improvement. Most of the teachers in the school are good, but there are some teachers who does not take their job serious and only pick favorites and not teach to the rest of students who actually deserves to learn more. In addition, there one teacher who pick the most terrible students who does not do anything in a very high position that require responsibility and leadership which this student does not have either one of those. Teachers should pick students who are highly responsibility and have good leadership and show other students that this person is great for that position.
From the beginning to the end the teachers have been extremely helpful, caring, and understanding. The really care about their students and are willing to help in making sure we as students understand it completely. A good and safe environment that foster learning, playing and social life. Always students to be students, playing and learning together in order to achieve our goals and a better understanding of life as a young adult.