Etowah High School is a highly rated, public school located in Woodstock, GA. It has 2,484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Etowah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B471 Students
- A+455 Students
- B258 Students
- B+226 Students
- A+162 Students
- B160 Students
- A151 Students
- A+141 Students
- B+139 Students
- A138 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Etowah High School Reviews
My experience at Etowah High School as been a wild ride. As a junior, I will be graduating with the Class of 2020. With the help of my amazing counselor and teachers, I have the opportunity to do this. Teachers at Etowah High School go the extra mile to make sure all students succeed. All administration go the extra mile to insure safety throughout the school. EHS has by far exceeded my expectations. Football games, Pep Rallies, Basketball Games, Track Meets and/of any event, is so much fun! At Etowah, everyone is accepting with their arms spread wide. High School is all about building memories!
So far, all the teachers I have had are all really amazing. They explained and taught things really well. However, I feel like the counselor here could use some more work. They are not very helpful with anything. I am also a dual enrollment student and there was much to lean on when it came to the counselors. Aside from that I feel like I enjoy the clubs; I am in the marching band and the director is really nice and the activity is extremely fun!
Our school is the biggest high school in Cherokee County since we have an outdoor campus. There have been some ups and downs throughout each school year. We celebrated and honored each and every sport from football to swimming. Teachers and coaches are very helpful to students. They teach their subjects and give pointers about life ahead. I am very thankful for my teachers because they gave me an amazing experience during high school. Our class conversations are very intriguing in a comfortable atmosphere. Friday mornings, the band plays music to get us in a cheerful spirit for football. We are very proud of our sports teams and clubs because our number one goal is to be the best especially against our rival, Woodstock High School. I got to be apart of the Etowah Swim team. Wehave won Cherokee County champions for the last four years. The team in general has such great people. They are very talented, encouraging, and supportive throughout my journey swimming with them.