Etowah High School is a highly rated, public school located in Woodstock, GA. It has 2,407 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Etowah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+370 Students
- B361 Students
- B+181 Students
- B+174 Students
- A+134 Students
- B122 Students
- A115 Students
- A+115 Students
- A115 Students
- A-102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Etowah High School Reviews
I have been a student at Etowah for four years now. In my opinion, the school is excellent! It has served me as a great launchpad for college in that the staff has found the right balance between forcing academic independence and giving students help when help is needed. As a school, it rewards hardwork and shuts down any problems that may need to be stopped. Overall, I feel that if there was an experience I wanted to participate in, the Etowah teachers and administrators would help me in my goals. An example of this was when I wanted to apply for a certain government internship where I would require a school delegation. I easily scheduled a meeting with my principal where he made calls to ensure me a delegation! Overall, I am very happy with my experience as a student here and feel prepared to enter College.
I had a great time while I was at Etowah High School. The teachers are very good and the administration was just as good! I played football during my time at Etowah and the coaches were very good and they offered to help anyone that needed help in any way possible. Most of the teachers have an open door policy and truly care about the students that they teach. The administration, as well as multiple teachers helped me to receive a nomination to the United States Air Force Academy so that I could serve my country, and I will eventually commission in the United States Air Force Academy (in 2020).
This school is fantastic; the academics are only getting better each year (23+ AP classes and a continuously evolving teaching staff), the teachers are invested in your learning experience no matter the level, and minus the occasional old textbook, students have access to high grade resources. College readiness is a large priority for students and teachers and the school culture assists in that . Safety is getting better each year, the food is great, and the facilities are great.