Etowah High School is a public school located in Attalla, AL. It has 679 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Etowah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- C+92 Students
- A63 Students
- A58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B49 Students
- A46 Students
- B37 Students
- A-33 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Etowah High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Etowah High School Reviews
My overall experience has been good at Etowah High School. I feel safe and confident with the staff and administration. I do feel there is room for improvement in attention given to average students for college placement and scholarship opportunities. Much of the focus is placed on the high ACT scoring students and the others are lost in the shuffle or no attention is afforded to them because of lower scores. I believe this causes them to become discouraged and they do not feel as confident or worthy. I also feel that the communication with students should be one on one and not sent out in mass text during school hours. This is distracting and impersonal and it does not provide the needed attention some students may need because of lack of resources in the home environment. Thanks for your consideration for this scholarship opportunity.
Etowah High School os the best school for you and your children to get involved at. We offer so many clubs and activities. If you’re thinking about joining our Blue Devil sports, then you have the right mindset. Our football team, as of 2017, are Class 5A Region Champions! Our Baseball team is fantastic. Track, Volleyball, Basketball, Fishing, Golf, Bowling, and so many more teams at Etowah High School is very competitive and have good sportsmanship. So if you’re haven’t decided yet, choose Etowah High School as your high school to attend! Go Big Blue!!!!
My experience at Etowah High School has been phenomenal. I have never seen a teacher turn a student down for help. That is something that really impacts the students at Etowah High School, the teachers care. They are willing and ready to help with anything they can or direct you to someone that can help. They help to get you involved with the school while still keeping the focus on schoolwork and goal-setting.