Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Etna Union High School is an above average, public school located in Etna, CA. It has 192 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Etna Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Etna Union High School Reviews
My time at Etna High treated me well. Most of the teachers were good at explaining and really helpful. It’s not like a school in the city where the teacher only knows your name, all the teachers in it now know you on a more personal level. I like that we live in such a small community because it makes classes more fun to know all the people in it. I wouldn’t trade my high school experience here for the world, but I do wish they had more classes to offer so it would be more beneficial to college. Go Lions🦁
The teachers can be hit or miss, but the majority of them were amazing and changed my life. It’s a mostly conservative, white, and religious population so if you’re a person of color or LGBT, you may have a difficult time here.
I love the teachers of EHS they are so nice and really care about your education. With that being said Etna High does not have the best resources because we are so small of a school. It is almost like we are our own little world where we all know each other and know everything everybody does. We have class sizes of any where from 25 to 50 and everyone has grown up with the same students for as long as we all can remember. I feel like this does not prepare us for the real world so college is a huge step for students graduating from EHS and may come as a culture shock to some.