Estherville Lincoln Central High School is a public school located in Estherville, IA. It has 365 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
1520 Central Ave
Estherville, IA 51334
Estherville Lincoln Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- A18 Students
- A16 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- B5 Students
- A5 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Estherville Lincoln Central High School
Estherville Lincoln Central High School Reviews
Had I known then what I know now, my kids would not have graduated from ELC. Both of my kids went on to state colleges and were WAY UNDER prepared as far as classes go. One of my children consulted the TA of their calculus college class and she was astounded that what they were struggling with was NOT taught in the AP class at ELC. There is a very strong emphasis on sports activities. We can build a new weight lifting room, pour a new track and construct a new football field, but we have ONE SCHOOL NURSE for three buildings (and no, the buildings are not all on the same property). I have a child with a medical condition that requires an inhaler. This student was told that they could NOT keep their inhaler with them and would have to go to the office if they were having an asthma attack and the nurse would be called to retrieve it. Um, NO! My child DID carry the inhaler with them.
Everybody is very friendly and the learning environment is productive. The teachers really care about the students, and everybody looks out for one another.
I think that the school offers a generous amount of technology to the students. Quality of the building, there is no air conditioning in the High School so when temperatures get about 85 we are dismissed from school early. Our gym has wooden bleachers that are falling apart. Our little theatre doesn't even have curtains that close they all have wholes as well or chairs that are safe to sit in (wooden), the guidance counselors are fabulous and there is a little bit of parent involvement and some tutoring.