Essex Technical High School is an above average, public school located in Hathorne, MA. It has 1,219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Essex Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A35 Students
- C+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B16 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Essex Technical High School Reviews
During my time at Essex Tech I have had valuable exposure to issues that come with organizing a new administration. Only my CTE program, Horticulture, has one teacher where the other twenty five programs the school offers has two, one for each grade taught per cycle i.e sophomores, seniors/ freshman, juniors. Seeing this major issue needing a resolution my classmates and I are trying to provide a solution however it’s difficult to be recognized in a new administration with many other important concerns. In fact the new administration is affecting all aspects of school. There is truly a lack of communication between facility and student body which is spreading into sports and club management. Although, safety concerns are well maintained being that many CTE programs work with complicated equipment. My experiences and what I have learned has led me to the conclusion that once administration settles the school will transcend past expectations
Essex Tech has state of the art facilities and resources for students. The staff is very knowledgeable and approachable and take pride in the successes of their students. The best feature of Essex Tech is that students receive high quality, college prep academics, in addition to career training. This hands-on, career training experience gives Essex Tech students an advantage over other high school students in that they participate in field work relevant to their interests. This field work ties into academics and is also an opportunity to build a resume and network with local businesses and corporations.
My experience at Essex Technical High School was amazing. All of my memories and opportunities are from this school. The faculty and administration are so generous and helpful. Through the four years of this high school, there was drama, there was fights...etc. However, fights, drama and friend cliques are all part of high school in general. With that being said, Essex Tech does a very good job with accepting diverse groups. The student mentors and faculty are aware many student come from many different communities. They create mentoring games that helps create friends on the first day of school. Being accepted into this school is a privilege. This is the perfect opportunity to find out what you want to spend your future doing.