Essex High School is a highly rated, public school located in Essex Junction, VT. It has 1,217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Essex High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-192 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B35 Students
- B+33 Students
- A30 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+26 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Essex High School
- A+South Burlington High School
- South Burlington School District, VT
- 159 reviews
- AColchester High School
- Colchester School District, VT
- 100 reviews
- A+Champlain Valley Union High School
- Champlain Valley School District, VT
- 206 reviews
- AMt. Mansfield Union High School
- Public School
- Jericho, VT
- 82 reviews
Essex High School Reviews
There are so many extra curriculars at Essex High School! Athletics range from football, soccer, lacrosse, to tennis, ultimate frisbee, bowling, cross country and alpine skiing. Clubs are super diverse also; there's academic clubs like scholars bowl, or chemistry club (really fun!) and brain cell. There's also clubs dedicated to helping others, peer helpers, multicultural club, cooking for a cause, the Red Cross club. There's really a lot offered at EHS to feed anyone's extra curricular needs.
My experience at EHS has been mostly positive. Coaches, counselors, students, and teachers are all very welcoming and friendly. I transferred from a very different community and was able to assimilate very well here. I was able to meet a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds and become friends with them. I was able to get into athletics, which turned out to be a big part of me. I was able to explore possible career pathways during high school, which made finding colleges much easier. There's so many classes that I wish I had time to take because Essex High School offers so much!
I’ve had such a wonderful experience at EHS. The teachers are the best, and the school pride is incredible. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved, whether it’s one of the many clubs, or JV/Varsity sports. There are many unique electives to expose students to new things, and lots of advanced and AP classes for those who enjoy a challenge.