Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Essex High School is a highly rated, public school located in Essex Junction, VT. It has 1,248 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Essex High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-264 Students
- A+82 Students
- B+61 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+51 Students
- B48 Students
- B47 Students
- A45 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Essex High School
- ASouth Burlington High School
- South Burlington School District, VT
- 179 reviews
- AColchester High School
- Colchester School District, VT
- 110 reviews
- AChamplain Valley Union High School
- Champlain Valley Unified School District, VT
- 221 reviews
- BBurlington Senior High School
- Burlington School District, VT
- 113 reviews
Essex High School Reviews
Essex High School is probably just as good as most of the private schools in the area. The teachers are committed, the academics can be rigorous and challenging... in a good way! There's a good amount of school spirit and everyone is nice! The school offers enrollment in 3 different academies. The STEM academy is easy to get into and offers many opportunities for aspiring STEM students. The Global Leadership Program is more selective but works hard to teach its students about global leaderships and they are host to many important world figures. Lastly, there is the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts. I am not enrolled in AVPA but I've heard great things! I do wish that the school offered an AP Biology class, however. That is my only complaint
Great School! For me it was just big enough - I didn't know everyone, but I usually noticed if there was someone new. The classes can be challenging, but most of the teachers are great! As long as you do the best you can and communicate with your teachers, you will do well. The theater program is great and there are many great clubs. I'm not super into sports, and although some people are, there is also a great community of people that don't really care. I will miss all of my friends and teachers when I graduate!
Essex High School has a multitude of opportunities available to its students. With many options for clubs, sports, and classes, anyone is sure to be able to find their niche. For example, I am involved in the Global Leadership Program. This program is one of the many academies available at the school. The Global Leadership Program allows its members the ability to learn cross cultural competency, as well as proficiency in multiple languages. Through this program I have been able to host multiple exchange students, allowing me to learn valuable things about other cultures around the world.