Esperanza High School Reviews

Great school with excellent teachers and staff that are more than willing to give you their time of day.
Esperanza High School has been dedicated to helping students find the departments, friends, and work they need to succeed in the future. There are amazing teachers that work there and that I personally have formed great bonds with, as well as that have helped me in pursuing further knowledge of that field. However just as in every school there are some teachers, mainly in the foreign language department, where multiple students will drop out or have an unsatisfactory experience because of teaching styles and personalities of the instructor. The school also sometimes neglects other departments like band and theatre, however in the past year or two they have strived to remedy this inequality, and this trend will hopefully continue in the future years. At the end of the day, High school may be difficult, but Esperanza High School’s mentality and dedication to education makes it worth it.
I’ve always felt welcome at Esperanza. Most of the teachers and staff are very kind. They work hard to make your high school experience a pleasant and safe one. I have never felt as though I didn’t belong here.
Start Your Review of Esperanza High School
I enjoyed my time at Esperanza. They were some of the best years I have ever had just because of the fact that the people I've met and events I've experienced were amazing!
An average high school. The teachers either make it a great class that you would love to take or not care at all and make it one of the worst experiences possible
It's a very large campus. Many programs are gone, so there is not a lot of electives to take unless you want to do art or computers. Schools need to bring back practical real-life skills like sewing, simple auto repair such as how to change a tire, check the oil, driver's education to take the DMV test, etc. How about accounting or business math such as how to fill out a tax form such as a W-4 form or how to understand a W-2 or a 1040EZ, etc. Many teachers now just want to collect a check with little effort to actually teach.
Esperanza High School has helped me not only excel academically and develop characteristically, but triumph with experiences collected from all aspects. I have partaken in our Superior ranked choir, one of our many renown athletic teams, ROP Medical Sciences Academy, and several school clubs including PTSA and HOSA. Involvement with these extracurriculars alongside academics has allowed me to form strong bonds with friends and teammates, connections with teachers, and gratifying memories that could survive lifetimes. Not only has this excellent school helped me transition into a brighter future, but it has provided me with life-changing experiences that have truly inspired me to continue growing as a person to improve upon myself and give to others like Esperanza gave so much to me. Upon entrance into the school I was doubtful my dulled aspirations or quiet personality would change into the confident dreamer and go-getter I am today. Afterall, Esperanza means "hope" in Spanish.
Esperanza has a great amount of spirit and education. The school is welcoming and including to everyone. Learning is fun and interesting in every subject due to the activities and teachers. The campus is in nice conditions and has good quality classrooms. There are a lot of on campus activities and clubs one can be involved with as well.
Great school but would like to see more funding towards updating the school and facilities. With the addition of YLHS to the district esperanza seems to be worse off.
Overall I have really enjoyed my time here. I know that some teachers can be worse than outhers, but I have had a number of teachers that actually know how and what to teach. The ASB keeps student spirit up throughout the year, and the library and offices have very good reasources available.
I loved the medical academy because it opened so many opportunities for me. I got to compete in the state leadership conference, I am not only a member of HOSA but also got elected to be the secretary, and I have extrensive medical knowledge.
This is my first year ever attending a high school in Yorba Linda. I have never been to a school were they help in every way they can. I have amazing teachers and staff members who actually know what they are teaching and who have helped me tremendously with college applications. There is great school spirit and various club activities you can be involved in.
Esperanza has become my second home; I feel connected to the students and staff, and the track and soccer teams have become my family. Everyone is extremely welcoming, and there is a very healthy and safe learning environment. My school is extremely spirited with a lot of participation and support from all grades during spirit weeks and varsity games. The new principal this year has been very active in increasing school pride and improving the campus. However, I wish there were more extra help opportunities; free math tutoring is available in the library, but I'd like to see this available for other subjects.
Many schools have a general method of teaching kids the needed subjects. Sometimes the teachers are boring, sometimes they are entertaining in some way. However, Esperanza is different because in almost every classroom, teachers have a very intriguing way to keep the students on task. Almost everyone at the school does their best to help each other out, because that is what Esperanza teaches students to do. From an academic standpoint, the school does impressively well to prepare students for college. The subjects are easy to understand for most students and the teachers give wonderful methods to help out. Esperanza is a school that promotes a spirit to help each other and to keep a hold on the goal.
I loved attending high school at EHS! I was a part of the medical academy all 4 years and it was by far the best thing for me in high school. Not only did we get hands-on experience for skills like injections, EKGs, venipuncture, lung sounds, etc., we also graduated high school as Medical Assistants able to work in a doctors office or clinic. Very unique program and I loved my time there with Mrs. Easton!
Well I was a transfer my freshman year and I thought it was going to be very scary but it wasn't. Also the freshman focus campus is great to have for the incoming freshman. But I do not like the bridge.
Esperanza was a good experience and I would recommend high school students to attend. I would definitely change the food that is being served for lunch, for it to be more healthy.
Start Your Review of Esperanza High School
During my time at Esperanza High School it was a true blessing. From staff to students everyone participated to make the school a friendly, outgoing, academic, and amazing school.
As a student-athlete, I enjoyed the school spirit and involvement the teachers had within the classroom and athletically (outside academics). It seemed like everywhere you were on the campus you were being mentored or taught something. It is a great environment to grow as a student, athlete and individual.
I loved the AP teachers, they were amazing.The AP classes definitely helped prepare me for college a lot. The school was normally very clean and the staff is very nice. The food really sucks though, it was very unhealthy, so make sure you bring your own lunch everyday. Everyone is relaxed and nice, there is hardly ever a fight at school and if there is the staff takes care of it quickly.