Espanola Valley High School is a public school located in Espanola, NM. It has 979 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Espanola Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B218 Students
- C-149 Students
- B127 Students
- C+78 Students
- C+50 Students
- A45 Students
- NG41 Students
- B-40 Students
- C+36 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Espanola Valley High School Reviews
I love the teachers! Many of them are involved and sincerely care about their students. Though we don’t have the greatest resources, the teachers do there best to get across the full spectrum of each course. The staff are all very concerned as well. They do everything to keep the students safe. There have been some changes and new rules that others may criticize, but they are doing it for the students’ well being. Our district has had bad publicity, but I personally believe the reason for that is because it is what people seem to be interested in hearing. There are many bright and determined students, including myself, that are planning for the next crucial steps in their lives to become successful.
Espanola Valley was a safe place for me. I’d go to school with no worries of wether or not I’d be home after. Although Espanola does have its critics as well as some bad reputation talks, for me it was always a good experience. I was able to walk peacefully to and from classes. Teachers were always instructing us in a respectful manner.
This school offers just what students need in their high school experience, with supportive and caring faculty. My experience as a Sundevil was great, I believe my time there has set me up for success. I do believe that there could be a wider variety of elective programs offered to students.