Escuela Centro Residencial de Oportunidades Educativas de Mayagüez is a public school located in Mayaguez, PR. It has 152 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- NG106 Students
- NG44 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- NG16 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Escuela Centro Residencial de Oportunidades Educativas de Mayagüez Reviews
CROEM is a school specialized in science and math. It offers a competitive atmosphere for its students which promotes individuality and camaraderie. The workload, although at times superfluous, is constructive and helps create a great sense responsibility. It also helps the students develop efficient and effective time management skills. Above all else, CROEM, not only shines, but exceeds in its ability to promote critical thinking in students. This allows students to leave the institution with ample academic knowledge and with the necessary skills to think, experiment, and solve. CROEM also helps the student develop the difficult yet essentially pivotal skill of healthy social interaction. As it is a residential school, students learn with and from each other, forming a staggeringly deep bond with one another. Even with all of the great things the institution does, like all things, CROEM does have two major faults: internal administration and external administration...
CROEM is a specialized school in mathematics and sciences which allows students to graduate a year or two early with an impeccable preparation for college. My school offers advanced classes and even has the r2deep system which allows us high school students have college credits earlier. It is a public school, which makes it very accessible although each students has to meet a criteria to enter. For example, the student must have a 3.5 GPA or higher in math, sciences and overall to be enrolled and must also maintain his or her GPA high to be enrolled the next year.
I got the chance to expand my horizons in the math and science areas, because they offered many AP math and sciences. We were exposed to a college/ university like environment. Since it is a residential school, we also get the experience of living away from home and living in a dorm experience. I find that it prepared me extremely well for my college years. The school also offers investigation courses and competitions, in which students have excelled world wide.