Escondido Charter High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Escondido, CA. It has 802 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Escondido Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A102 Students
- A-90 Students
- B82 Students
- C+78 Students
- A+76 Students
- A67 Students
- A+58 Students
- A54 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Escondido Charter High School
- AClassical Academy High School
- Escondido Union High School District, CA
- 170 reviews
- AHigh Tech High North County
- Public School
- San Marcos, CA
- 107 reviews
- AGuajome Park Academy Charter School
- Vista Unified School District, CA
- 144 reviews
- BPivot Charter School - San Diego
- Online School
- Mountain Empire Unified School District, CA
Escondido Charter High School Reviews
I loved Escondido Charter High School! This school is really fun and it feels like your in the world of Harry Potter because of the different games and fun events. The teachers at this school are really nice and they support you all the way. They help with everything and are very brilliant. This school accepts anyone and everyone, it feels like a big family. Everyone accepts who you are and they are nice to each other, from the seniors to the freshman.
I have been apart of the American Heritage Charter Schools program since Kindergarten. I have been a white tiger for all 13 years, where my friends have become my family. Because of the small campus, it feels like home. The teachers are very supportive and do their best to see their students grow. I would not change a single thing about this school. I am blessed to have been apart of many traditions throughout the school years that make Charter, Charter. The uniqueness of the school makes it different from others. From Saxon Day, to airbands, there are many days that students look forward to every year.
I love the small class size, student-teacher interaction, and emphasis on college readiness. The school focuses heavily on maintaining its "unique culture" which can be beneficial but also very frustrating at time (it leads to close-mindedness, old-fashioned and sexist dress code, etc.) It is very traditional and conservative, which was difficult for me seeing as a lot of the students are judgmental. However, the classes and teachers are the best I have ever experienced and I have loved my academic journey overall. The best classes are definitely the English and math classes. Very small, which some may enjoy, but for me it was too small. However, it did allow students to build close relationships with fellow students and teachers.