Escondido Charter High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Escondido, CA. It has 765 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Escondido Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- A-81 Students
- B74 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-66 Students
- A56 Students
- A+51 Students
- A45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Escondido Charter High School
- A+Classical Academy High School
- Escondido Union High School District, CA
- 152 reviews
- AHigh Tech High North County
- Public School
- San Marcos, CA
- 96 reviews
- AGuajome Park Academy Charter School
- Vista Unified School District, CA
- 138 reviews
- NGMountain Peak Charter School
- Mountain Empire Unified School District, CA
Escondido Charter High School Reviews
I love the small class size, student-teacher interaction, and emphasis on college readiness. The school focuses heavily on maintaining its "unique culture" which can be beneficial but also very frustrating at time (it leads to close-mindedness, old-fashioned and sexist dress code, etc.) It is very traditional and conservative, which was difficult for me seeing as a lot of the students are judgmental. However, the classes and teachers are the best I have ever experienced and I have loved my academic journey overall. The best classes are definitely the English and math classes. Very small, which some may enjoy, but for me it was too small. However, it did allow students to build close relationships with fellow students and teachers.
I was in the Independent-Learning Program, so I can't say much about the school, but many of the teachers were amazing. I was good friends, not only with my teachers, but other teachers as well! Practically the entire faculty knew who I was and regularly greeted and asked how I was doing. I drop by every once in a while to say hello. By the way, the teachers in ILP are open to buying you lunch or coffee on your birthday and when the staff receives boxes of baked goods, you're usually allowed to have some too. The school is like an extended family to me.
Escondido Charter High School is an excellent high-school. It's college focused. The classes are small, which allows for more one-on-one interaction between teacher and student. The teachers are demanding in their expectations and push the students farther than I've ever been pushed in college, and yet, they push them to the point of success. You will learn in greater depth about subjects of science and math than you will learn in your college introductory courses. It's fairly diverse, especially for Escondido, which is predominantly white and latino. There is a special culture to Charter that fosters individual identity. I didn't see any degree of bullying or lawlessness amongst the students. GO WHITE TIGERS