Escambia County High School is a public school located in Atmore, AL. It has 488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Escambia County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A80 Students
- B73 Students
- C-62 Students
- A58 Students
- B53 Students
- A44 Students
- C+43 Students
- C+42 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Escambia County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Escambia County High School Reviews
Escambia County High School was a very productive four years, I was able to secure an identity for myself in addition to gaining insight on how to prepare for the future. While attending I was influenced by my peers and instructor on where to pursue a career in Mechanical Engineering. Because of them I was also able to be accepted to many other colleges in addition to being awarded a plethora of scholarships to start my pursuit of higher education.
Escambia County High School overall was an ok school. It was not the best, it was not the worse. The good things about the school was that some teachers actually did care about students and they actually helped and taught. Another thing that I liked was the size of the campus. I liked the smallness. A downfall of the school was that some teachers were really rude and could care less about students. There was not a "no bullying" policy in effect like it was said to be. Other than that, Escambia County High School in Atmore was not really a bad school. Like stated before, it was ok.
The things I like about my school is that I am surrounded by people who really care about my education and others. Every teacher there is there to do just exactly what they should do which is to make sure that every student gets the same opportunity as other students to be as great as possible and reach their goals. We are challenged each day by our teachers with our work and more than ever by our principal. There was a time that I was worried about my information being sent off to a college, my principal made sure that they received everything they should have received for me by the end of that week. This shows a lot about our school body and the dedication they have upon their students that attend there. In the meantime, I would like to see a change in our set goals. We should set our goals higher to achieve much more. Overall, I think my school is fantastic and there is no way around saying just that.