Escalante Middle/High School is a public school located in Tierra Amarilla, NM. It has 152 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Escalante Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+33 Students
- B32 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-7 Students
- A6 Students
- C+6 Students
- C6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Escalante Middle/High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Escalante Middle/High School Reviews
I enjoyed Escalante because I had my friends there and I played sports. I would like to see the political issues come to an end. The higher ups at Escalante care too much about the opinions of their friends rather than what is best for the school and its students.
While athletics seem to be the main priority of this school, it has major advantages. A great dual credit program is offered with around twenty college courses being offered and the possibility to earn the 60 credit hours required for an Associate's Degree.
The school spirit is excellent. The parents and relatives always come out to support the Lobos. Students tend to think that sports is what is really important in life though, not education. Especially the football players.