Erwin High School is a public school located in Center Point, AL. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-88 Students
- A83 Students
- C+68 Students
- B68 Students
- A66 Students
- B55 Students
- B52 Students
- B-45 Students
- A42 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Erwin High School Reviews
Erwin High is now called, Center Point High, and i enjoy it here! The school is so beautiful, the teachers care and the students personalities are so diverse! It feels good to be involved in such an exciting an lively school.
I feel as if our teachers don't really care about our education and seeing students succeed or not. Students now a days don't go to school to learn they go to school to pass. That's sad in my opinion, because I would like to have a little more knowledge and prepare myself for college the right way. I would love to be challenged and enhancing my learning, but educations is just gone down the drown in the generation that I live in and I hate it!
We a very few clubs students can join: G.U.M.B.O Club, FCCLA, and SGA. The GUMBO Club are the people who make every school activities run smoothly and they put a lot of time and effort into making these events happen. FCCLA is a club of girls that wan to become leaders in the future and they put in a effort to become great leaders for the school. SGA is a student government association that hosts all of the fundraisers in the school and also the elections in the school. These clubs help students become bright leaders in the future and help them set a good example for the school. Football and basketball games get the most crowd out of all the sports programs which means there is a great amount of school spirit along with our best marching band to hype up the crowd.