Ernest W. Seaholm High School Reviews

The academic rigor, as well as the surplus of opportunity, is what has made my experience with Seaholm so positive. From the marching band to the sports teams to the endless number of passionate clubs, there is a place for every student to thrive. In addition, teachers are incredibly knowledgeable and provide extensive opportunities for students to seek help after hours.
Will get you in to MSU no problem. The Flexible Scheduling Program is a once in a lifetime opportunity for kids, and should be available in every high school.
I like that academically we are one of the top schools in the state and even the nation, but with that comes an enormous amount of pressure to succeed, and the curriculum is also much tougher. This is definitely the school to be at for for the academics, but there are some other issues. For starters, the cafeteria food could be a LOT better for a school that lives in a well-off neighborhood. The social scene can be stressful if you don't dress or act a certain way, which is the consequence of the school's location (Birmingham). Overall, Seaholm has wonderful teachers and staff that have helped me out in the past and continue to go above and beyond their requirements just for the happiness of their students. I'm happy to be a Maple Leaf and I'm looking forward to more years of Seaholm.
Start Your Review of Ernest W. Seaholm High School
Overall my experiences at Seaholm High school was a positive one. While yes I did have a rough freshman year that could be chalked up to my mentality during that year. Once I put myself out there more I made an abundance of friends and enjoyed myself to the rest of my three years. The schools were taken care of and the education was better than what I had revived in my previous district.

However if I had to file a complement I would say that the school severely lacked diversity. As well as the students there holding certain ignorance against some of the students of different backgrounds. I would say that 90% of the student body were white and 98% of the teachers where the same. In the beginning this was why I had a hard time fitting in but eventually I adjusted. Also, while I would not say I have experienced racism all the time there were instanced I ran across that made me uncomfortable.
It has been a good experience I have had good teachers besides on or to. The students work hard and it is a good environment to be in.
Seaholm has great teachers. I switched to Seaholm from Groves (the other Birmingham high school) and it has been a much better fit. The vibe is more serious, and students care about their classes.
I love both the students and the faculty. I find that the teachers are invested in your well-being and want to help you become successful, which makes being there so much more better.
Being in such an affluent district, Seaholm has tons of resources to help their students reach their full potential. Teachers are easy to reach outside of the classroom for help, there are an abundance of clubs and sports, and the curriculum is quite rigorous. I am currently a freshman in college and I feel that Seaholm prepared me fairly well. Contrary to popular belief, Seaholm's downfall is not the lack of diversity itself, but it's treatment and lack of support for its minority populations, specifically students of color and those who identify as LGBTQ. Seaholm does offer clubs for these groups, but thats about all the support that they receive. Most teachers, and even administrators turn a blind eye to the discrimination and harassment of minority students, and have done an extremely poor job of creating a safe learning environment for all students, along with not being intolerant of hate prejudice and discrimination.
My experience at Seaholm was wonderful. They provided me with everything I needed due to my dyslexia, I had an IEP I had support of all my teachers and staff members. I really love Mrs Bach, she did a wonderful job making sure that I succeeded in my classes, school, friendships and in the outside community. She is the go to person if there is a problem at Seaholm that needs to get fixed. Also she is very compassionate, understanding and perseveres through her work also while helping. She puts her students needs before her needs. Seaholm is a great school to go to.
The school has great academics, and most teachers are devoted to seeing the growth of students. About 99% of students graduate, most of them going on to a post-secondary institution.

The students can be...difficult. There is a sense of entitlement and unhealthy academic competition from students. I attribute this mostly to the affluence of the town. Diversity is pretty much a foreign concept, in all manners of the word.

Overall, it could be worse.
This is a supportive environment that has provided challenges and opportunities that have enriched my education.
Seaholm High School is a decent school. There is a big problem with racism and various micro-aggressions. With many of the kids being non empathetic and privileged, there are quite a few situations where minorities are discriminated against. Other than that, there are a good number of teachers who care about the student's wellbeing, as well as their grades. The Flex Program is a great example of this There is a family atmosphere where you can be open about who you are yet challenge your thinking.
Seaholm was great for both my sister and myself! It has prepared us so well for college and the career world. It was great for both of us, despite our differing personalities. I am happy to say that Seaholm offered all the clubs I'd like to join. It also offered fabulous athletic opportunities for my sister to take part in and for me to watch. Go Mapes!
this school is great. there are programs that offer a different learning style. the teachers are amazing and put in a lot of time with their students. education is very quality. only thing bad is it is not very diverse.
I truly love Seaholm High School. It is an amazing place that has been some of the best four years of my life!
Overall, my experience at Seaholm High School was good. They have a lot of resources accessible to students in order for them to succeed in and after school. The clubs, sports, and other after school activities they offer guarantee for everyone to find something they enjoy. The one thing I would change is more emphasize on art which even though present, compared to sports is extremely overlooked.
Seaholm is is a wonderful school for my daughter. Coming from a small private school, it provides all the experience ravacrivities not available at her previous school.
Start Your Review of Ernest W. Seaholm High School
Very welcoming, great teachers looking to help you succeed. Most teachers will stay later or come early to help if a student is struggling in a class. Overall, great academics and lots of classes that can prepare a student for most anything.
I have had 3 children go through Seaholm. While the diversity is lacking, all other areas are highly rated, particularly the academics and college readiness. There are many opportunities for extracurricular activities as well with dozens of clubs and sports teams.
Seaholm high school is quite frankly, the land of endless opportunities. They provide students with the materials they need to strive and prosper for high school and beyond. They also provide students with hundreds of clubs, classes, and athletics to let students really find who they are and what they love to do. If I personally would want to change one thing about Seaholm, it would have to be the lack of diversity. I am 100% Albanian and have been raised in an Muslim household. Both those things are quite taboo at Seaholm because the general population is white and once you mention to them what ethnicity you are, things get weird and they do not know how to react.