Ernest W. Seaholm High School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Birmingham, MI. It has 1,286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Ernest W. Seaholm High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A311 Students
- A+303 Students
- B+83 Students
- B76 Students
- B+71 Students
- A63 Students
- B+61 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B49 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Ernest W. Seaholm High School
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- 227 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- 431 reviews
- A-University High School Academy
- Southfield Public School District, MI
- 362 reviews
- A+International Academy of Macomb
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 116 reviews
Ernest W. Seaholm High School Reviews
I love this school but there’s is absolutely no diversity. If you want diversity go to Groves or some other school. Besides that, teachers are great!
I had a great experience at Seaholm High School. The teachers are phenomenal and the administration genuinely cares about the student body. The environment is very academically competitive, which can easily become a negative facet of the school atmosphere, but the Seaholm community works to be supportive of all its students and provides ample resources to help students succeed and feel appreciated. Without a doubt, I will remember my time there fondly.
I would have given three stars if not for the teachers. The teachers at Seaholm are truly phenomenal and genuinely care for all their students. Their utmost goal is to see their students succeed in whatever way is best for the individual. The student atmosphere at Seaholm, however, is three stars. Because of the largely white population, there is an inherent racial and cultural tension that exists. Their have been racially/culturally motivated incidents for the past three years that have called for police investigation.