Ernest W. Seaholm High School is an elite, public, magnet school located in Birmingham, MI. It has 1,351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Ernest W. Seaholm High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+203 Students
- A+189 Students
- B+53 Students
- B48 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+43 Students
- A40 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Ernest W. Seaholm High School
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 199 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 386 reviews
- A-University High School Academy
- Southfield Public School District, MI
- 326 reviews
- A+International Academy of Macomb
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 80 reviews
Ernest W. Seaholm High School Reviews
Being in such an affluent district, Seaholm has tons of resources to help their students reach their full potential. Teachers are easy to reach outside of the classroom for help, there are an abundance of clubs and sports, and the curriculum is quite rigorous. I am currently a freshman in college and I feel that Seaholm prepared me fairly well. Contrary to popular belief, Seaholm's downfall is not the lack of diversity itself, but it's treatment and lack of support for its minority populations, specifically students of color and those who identify as LGBTQ. Seaholm does offer clubs for these groups, but thats about all the support that they receive. Most teachers, and even administrators turn a blind eye to the discrimination and harassment of minority students, and have done an extremely poor job of creating a safe learning environment for all students, along with not being intolerant of hate prejudice and discrimination.
Seaholm was great for both my sister and myself! It has prepared us so well for college and the career world. It was great for both of us, despite our differing personalities. I am happy to say that Seaholm offered all the clubs I'd like to join. It also offered fabulous athletic opportunities for my sister to take part in and for me to watch. Go Mapes!
My experience at Seaholm was wonderful. They provided me with everything I needed due to my dyslexia, I had an IEP I had support of all my teachers and staff members. I really love Mrs Bach, she did a wonderful job making sure that I succeeded in my classes, school, friendships and in the outside community. She is the go to person if there is a problem at Seaholm that needs to get fixed. Also she is very compassionate, understanding and perseveres through her work also while helping. She puts her students needs before her needs. Seaholm is a great school to go to.