Erie High School is an above average, public school located in Erie, IL. It has 213 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Erie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+21 Students
- B+20 Students
- B16 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-10 Students
- A10 Students
- A-9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Erie High School
- BGeneseo High School
- Geneseo Community Unit School District No. 228, IL
- 111 reviews
- BMorrison High School
- Morrison Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 21 reviews
- B-Camanche High School
- Camanche Community School District, IA
- 21 reviews
- B-Riverdale Senior High School
- Riverdale Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 34 reviews
Erie High School Reviews
When I attended Erie High School, there wasn't a whole lot to do. We were trying to find a new Guidance Counselor, sports were somewhat involved (facilities could have been open more for students to practice), and the academics were average. I hope that the academics become more interactive and there are options for advanced classes in the future, and I hope that there are facilities available for use so students who are involved in sports can practice as much as they want.
Teachers really care about you as an individual and will go out of their way to help you succeed. I was definitely ready for college after going to Erie. Some of my classes at Erie were actually more difficult than college classes, but they gave me the tools to handle anything.
My chemistry teacher was the best! He really got everyone ready for the real world by teaching it like a college course. The other teachers were great too, they would help you outside of class if you had questions and they did with a smile on their face because they care about you getting through their class.