Erie High School is an above average, public school located in Erie, IL. It has 199 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Erie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B28 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+17 Students
- B16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Erie High School
- A-Geneseo High School
- Geneseo Community Unit School District No. 228, IL
- 124 reviews
- BMorrison High School
- Morrison Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 21 reviews
- B-Camanche High School
- Camanche Community School District, IA
- 23 reviews
- B-Riverdale Senior High School
- Riverdale Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 38 reviews
Erie High School Reviews
Erie High School changed every year constantly but I feel like it helped prepare me for change in my life. However, certain things I would like to see change was the after school programs. There wasn't enough after school programs for students to get involved in and they needed more order. Overall I enjoyed my technical experience I had there as they were a technical school and it is what you make it.
Erie High School was the best school in our area. I was blessed to have grown up in their district, and gone to their schools. Erie provided me with numerous opportunities, great friendships, and amazing teachers. The teachers there empowered me and pushed me to be a better student. I was fortunate that Erie had the option of taking dual-credit classes that helped me to prepare for college-style classes, as well as provide credits for when I did go to college.
The staff pushes students everyday, while keep excellent relationships with them. Students work together well and bring a good atomosphere to the community.