Epping High School is a public school located in Epping, NH. It has 275 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Epping High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-36 Students
- B19 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+9 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Epping High School
- CSanborn Regional High School
- Sanborn Regional School District, NH
- 98 reviews
- C+Raymond High School
- Raymond School District, NH
- 83 reviews
- B+Newmarket Senior High School
- Newmarket School District, NH
- 55 reviews
- B-Dover Senior High School
- Dover School District, NH
- 209 reviews
Epping High School Reviews
Overall, Epping was an average experience. I would give it two stars, but I feel that most schools are not facilities that actually suit high school students. The counselors are not approachable, the teachers are average, although they are very friendly towards the students. The administrators are not good when it comes to advocating for the students to be college ready. Honestly, Epping is nothing to boast about at all, but it could be worse.
My time at Epping High School was both good and bad. There were many changes in administration which made it rocky. Each administrator had a different idea of what they wanted and they were big changes that happened fast. The terrible block scheduling and 90 minute classes were the worst part. No one was about to sit through 90 minutes of sitting in a desk and hearing a teacher talk. This made it hard to focus and learn. This year however, the administration wants to make changes to these things. I am disappointed that I will not be around to experience these changes. Epping High School has a great community. With only an average of 65 students per grade is is great to be able to know everyone that I go to school with.
There are many great teachers at this school who care about their students and want them to succeed. But overall, the academics, administration, and opportunities are poor and as a former student, I would never send my child to this school.