Episcopal School of Acadiana Reviews

We relocated to the Lafayette area from another state approximately 4-5 years ago. We always wanted our children to get the very best opportunities within our residential location. Moving from out of state, we quickly learned that ESA offerred the best overall opportunities for our children. The one thing that we notice where the school really continues to struggle at is the lack of diversity! The diversity within this school is grossly over represented on this website. Overall, this is school has a really good curriculum with many different extracurricular activities for the children.
I enjoyed the environment, classroom sizes, activities, and especially the faculty. The campus reminded me of a mini college with disconnected classrooms and tons of open spaces for the students to socialize, study, and/or play. The classroom sizes were small, ranging from about 5-20 kids, and engaging. The best part about the school was the faculty. The faculty engaged with the students, whether it was inside of the classroom, library, soccer fields, tennis court, or basketball court. The faculty's relationship with the student body is unique, and you could described the community as a close knit family.
ESA students learn how to take ownership of their own learning. The teachers deliver rigorous content and prepare their students with a strong foundation, but they somehow also spark our children’s own intrinsic motivation. My kids can’t wait to go to school. They love learning and working hard in school. I’m amazed by ESA.
Start Your Review of Episcopal School of Acadiana
I started school here in sixth grade. I came from a big Catholic school and this was one of the best decisions ever made. This is a small independent school with a very welcoming environment. The teachers really care about you and really want to see you succeed! Love it here!
I can't even put into words how much this school means to me. I came to ESA my freshman year from a very strict elementary school, and I was immediately shocked at the amount of freedom the students have here. The administration creates such a strong foundation of trust and respect with each and every student. It was such a surprise to see the genuine care and love that the people in this community have for each other, and now, I could never imagine sending my children anywhere else. The academics are nothing short of phenomenal, as well. ESA taught me how to balance a rigorous course load with all of my extracurriculars so fluidly, which was a lesson that I most definitely needed to learn before hitting my freshman year of college. So much love for this place and these people. ESA will always have my heart.
Single best imaginable education one can hope for her child. Greatly I appreciate all the teachers’ enthusiastic, dedicated, professional work.
ESA is an amazing school. My son transferred in 6th grade and is currently a senior. Not only has he excelled academically, athletically and socially, he loves learning and aspires to be exceptional at whatever he does. He was recently accepted Early Decision by a highly selective top ranked college thanks to the vigorous curriculum and skill set he has learned at ESA. I can't say enough about this jewel of a school.
I went to the Episcopal School of Acadiana for the majority of my school life and I believe that it is highly overrated. Yes, the academics are very good, but life on the campus does not reflect what the school claims it to be. The classrooms need to be renovated, they are in very poor condition, there is no cafeteria so when it rains the students have to eat on the gym floor. The honor code that is forced upon the students is just a way to scare the students into not cheating. Not only is there an "honor code" that no one follows, there is an "honor council" where your own peers judge you for your actions. Students should not judge other students. The students are very academically competitive and socially awkward. The teachers are also very involved in the students lives outside of school. Overall, it would be more beneficial to send your child to a public school like Lafayette High and take advanced classes there.
I came to Episcopal School of Acadiana this year and it just blows my mind how I am never bored. There are always clubs to get to and I never fall asleep in classes. The teachers are supportive and involved.
I always enjoyed the freedom brought upon the students in the upper school. There is nothing on the top of my head that I would like to change about the school. The teachers love to see the students succeed, and always set apart time to help the students.
If you want to feel loved and at home, this is the school for you. As a senior, I do not want to leave this community and as I am searching for colleges I am making sure that they have a similar community to ESA. The teachers, the students and the outdoors make this school work.
I loved the over-all environment of the school. The teachers genuinely cared for their students and it was evident in and outside of the classrooms. The language, mathematics, and science departments are exceptionally, especially the language department. ESA prepares their students for college in not only academic ways, but in many other ways. By having a small student body, ESA influences its students to learn how to interact with teachers, overcome social strife, resolve personal and professional issues, and caters to each individual student by helping them find their own personal best way to learn. This school offers a one-of-a-kind experience that will benefit each student through their life.
Our family has grown up with ESA. Three kids from grade school to 12th - youngest graduated last year. All three with very different levels of ability but all three very successful in their own way here. The teachers and admin have been nothing short of phenomenal. If you are looking for a traditional - reading writing and math - program, this may not be a good fit. IF you want your kids to learn to think and reason and problem solve, there is no better option in our area. We have a pretty diverse teacher population - more male teachers than any other school I have seen. While no school can provide everything for everyone - ESA comes pretty close.
I think the campus at ESA is so unique. It promotes learning because it is not a typical school setting, which makes going to school more enjoyable. Also the teacher student relationships are very strong and that is something notable about ESA.
I love the ESA Community! There are so many different activities and clubs for every interest. The teachers are great and always willing to help in any way needed.
Wow do I love this school. The students have so much freedom on and off campus. The reason for this is because of our honor code. The honor code states that "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, or withhold information of those who do. " This allows students to trust each other, and others know they can count on me to do the right thing. The teachers sometimes give you things to do at home that you can easily cheat on, including tests and homework. I was also a part of the varsity cross country team as a 7th grader, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Another great thing about esa is there are no tryouts for any team. Anyone who decides that they want to play a sport can play. My point is that ESA is the best school ever and I am very thankful that I am able to go here.
ESA is a place where my children are encouraged to never stop learning. They are inspired to remain curious. The honor code is a vital part of their learning from a very early age.
Start Your Review of Episcopal School of Acadiana
Everyone can join. It's a very inclusive and friendly environment. There's also a great variety of clubs. If you can't find something you like, you're probably being too picky.
Overall, it's great. My friends at this school are awesome. I wish some of my other friends could go to this school with me.
The teachers are experts in their subjects. They really care about my success.