Episcopal High School Reviews

I am a current student at Episcopal and I love it! Teachers work with me to make sure I am trying everything I want to academically and extracurricular wise. They help me make a schedule that allows me to be successful and have as little stress as possible. Tutorials after school are extremely helpful and allow me to have personal time with teachers in order to ask questions. The amount of students that are involved in clubs, theatre, sports, etc. is absolutely incredible! I love this school so much!
My amazing experience with the school was the best I could have asked for. My daughter came to the school freshman year and felt welcomed and ready to learn. Not only has she excelled in many classes that used to be hard for her, she has learned many leadership skills that she couldn’t have learned anywhere else. She is so happy here and will always love it. I am so glad we decided to go to EHS instead of her other options.

The teachers are fantastic and truly care about the students. The tutorials time has really helped my daughter with homework and questions she has.

Overall this school has exceeded all expectations. We are all very happy here!!
All white, all rich, lazy whining students. No one works at anything. The students spend more time whining than studying.
Start Your Review of Episcopal High School
Episcopal High School is a very close knit community that does it's best to ensure that its students are prepared for their journey after high school. The teachers are more than willing to help any student without hesitation and the options that the four pillars bring are second to none in creating diversity between every student.
This school is the best thing that ever happened to me. The memories I made here I will cherish forever. Winning back to back State SPC baseball championships with the best team to end my high school career was amazing. The education at EHS is top notch, very challenging and engaging. But what makes EHS the #1 choice is the Arts Pillar. Episcopal has one of the best arts programs in the country, better than most colleges. The student culture is thriving and lively, it's just amazing in every way.
It was a great school and really helped develop my love for learning. The academics are wonderful and encourage questions and hard work. The teachers are always available to meet and help with anything and the students are kind and helpful as well. The sports teams are very competitive and compete against some of the best schools in Texas. Also, the arts programs are renowned and competitive among other schools in the nation. Really every aspect of the school pushes students to excel in their passions and gives them the platform to make their desires and aspirations a reality.
This is rapidly becoming a school that has serious issues about retaining quality teachers. The teachers who "Stand out" either move on to other elite schools in the area or are unceremoniously removed by the administration without explanation. The administration of Episcopal owes some serious explanation to its parents and current students. Don't hold your breath waiting for it.
I loved the school freshman and sophomore year but senior year the administration cracked down on the students for absolutely no reason. There used to be an understanding and trusting relationship between the two but that was changed this year. Now the students' opinions are being ignored when they used to be taken into account. Several great teachers' contracts are not being renewed without a genuine reason why. Additionally the school's new rebranding of "Stand Out" has angered the majority of the school (students and teachers) and seems ingenuine and even ironic. The school claims it bases its foundation on the "4 pillars" (academics, athletics, arts, and religion) but everyone knows the school prioritizes sports. The seniors this year are the last to remember the good days of EHS and I honestly feel bad for the underclassmen and incoming students that they could not experience it.
Episcopal High School was overly proud of itself for doing the minimum. The students, though there are outliers, are overall uninterested in anything other than their trust funds and finding the best party. However, the faculty and staff at this school are finding and encouraging driven and passionate students to follow their passions and to turn the school into the place they want to be. Even so, Episcopal has a long way to go before it can be what it claims to be.
My experience at Episcopal High School has been very mixed. During my freshman and sophomore years, I overall loved attending. The academics on average are strong. If you decide to branch out to the more challenging AP and honors courses, you will find that the level of challenge you receive from your curriculum really depends on what you make of it. However, during my senior year, there were administration issues. Many students had issues with the "Stand Out" branding, feeling that it felt disingenuous. The school is also removing several strong teachers in the next year. I would say there are better options for academics without having to experience the negative aspects of the school.
Teachers care so much about their students, they will explain until the student understands the subject. There is so many after school activities and clubs in which a student can get involved. Everything about EHS is great.
The school experience was different, being an African American at a predominantly white high school, but after a small adjustment period things worked out for the best.
I left Episcopal because it's not a place for Black people. If you are a person of color, you are on scholarship. The black students are in their own group and do their own thing. There is a rampant drug problem at Episcopal. We are tested for drugs every semester and then my mom has to pay $180 even though it came negative every time. All the students are tested. White Privilege Lives Here.
Academics are really top notch. Had so many great teachers. As an alum, I definitely appreciate their 4 pillars approach because it means that they want their students to be well-rounded. However, it is not a diverse place at all. Not only in terms of race and ethnicity, but the school is pretty much a bunch of basic rich white kids who live in West U/River Oaks and all going to some Southern state school to be involve with Greek life. I would have liked to interact with more types of students. Also, I HATED drug testing. Not that I even did drugs, but it's a huge waste of time and money to treat kids like prisoners :-/

Also the school isn't very good at discipline, if you're a popular wealthy kid, you're really not gonna get in trouble.

All in all though, a pretty good experience.
I really enjoyed my time at Episcopal, and would gladly attend EHS again. I think that Niche can't fully assess EHS because the backbone of the school is the philosophy of the "four pillars." Equal emphasis is placed on academics, religion, art, and athletics. The academics are excellent, and the arts and athletics are some of the best in the state. I truly wish Niche has a rating for arts programs because there is so much more to an education beyond academics. Episcopal High School is excellent at understanding that and accepting a diverse range of students who's talents are appreciated and fostered through the amazing faculty and teachers.
I couldn't be more happy with my experience at Episcopal High School. In my eyes, EHS is the best school in Houston because it excels in academics, athletics, arts, and religion. Episcopal offers top of the line education, along with gourmet lunch, superb facilities, and an extremely welcoming staff. In addition, the student atmosphere is terrific. Everyone is striving to succeed but while also helping and encouraging other on the way. The academic competitiveness is at an elite level at Episcopal that simply cannot be matched. The culture is exquisite and makes every student view EHS as their second home.
At EHS you can be involved in whatever you want. They have many arts classes, writing classes and many different sports. It is a very welcoming school with a place for everyone. They truely want their students to succeed.
Start Your Review of Episcopal High School
EHS provides a competitive, yet caring environment. There are a wide variety of activities to get involved with, but more importantly, the teachers really care about the students.
I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. Episcopal High School supports the gifts and abilities of all students in whatever area they excel: academics, arts, sports. This enables the students to thrive and feel valued for who they are. There are so many opportunities for students at EHS and they are encouraged to pursue whatever interests them. The entire community is so welcoming and has made our feel at home since day 1. Parents have plenty of opportunities to get involved as well. Very supportive environment and I highly recommend it.
Episcopal High School focuses on the whole child, providing extensive learning opportunities in many areas. They do an excellent job giving exposure to real life applications of knowledge. Students get a well-rounded education focusing on the schools four pillars: academics, arts, athletics and religion.