Episcopal High School Reviews

i am so excited to go for 10th grade!! i know it is the one!! it seems so nice to be there. i am so blessed to have the opportunity to attend such a well-mannered school like episcopal, unlike my previous school...
EHS has surpassed my expectation of how they would help my son mature and grow. The staff are all very caring and they go above and beyond what they are expected to do. My son has only been there for 1 year and he has developed lifelong friendships, learned new skills, and I am very confident that he will be prepared and accepted into is dream college in 3 years.
Episcopal High School is an amazing institution & great preparation for life. The high school excels in academics, athletics, facilities and administrators. The faculty & staff truly care about the students that attend & make it their goal to readily prepare high school students for successful college careers and beyond.
Start Your Review of Episcopal High School
Overall, Episcopal is a private institution that sets your child up for success. From the well experienced faculty to the numerous resources available 24/7 on hand, the school's main goal is to help student's thrive.
I must start by saying that EHS truly has incredible, committed teachers who frequently went out of their way to engage me academically and support me personally. The facilities are top-notch, the setting is beautiful, and there was no concern of theft or similar campus dangers. My door was always left unlocked. However, the social culture at EHS was another story entirely, and the general atmosphere of rampant southern elitism, out-of-control misogyny, racism, homophobia, and pressure to conform to utterly specific beauty standards was very, very damaging to my fourteen-year-old self when I arrived there. I have not encountered ANYTHING to the same degree in college or elsewhere in my post-EHS life, and I was shocked by the kindness and open-mindedness of just about everyone I encountered in comparison in the first months after leaving. It is truly beyond the pale, and my experience there left many, many emotional scars.
Episcopal was a great place to go to prep school. The academics are rigorous, and the athletics are competitive. The teachers are excellent and well experienced. Being just 15 minutes outside of D.C. was a huge plus. Deans office could use some work...
I really have enjoyed my time here at Episcopal. Our community is unique and is great at coming together to do things like support each other's games and musical production. I feel safe and proud to go to Episcopal High School.
I LOVE Episcopal High School! It is such a great place to find yourself, learn, and have fun on the way! The teachers are SO great.
Many are student led and teacher supported. Regardless of the amount of interest a new club or sport is easy to make.
Overall unified student body. Teacher/student engagement is a definite plus.
All teachers here have their own unique style that broaden your thinking skills and creativity at problem-solving.
I wish I would have been at this school when I first went to High School. At this school, you really become better with studying and independent.
The teachers are always there to help and give an extra helping hand if needed.
The teachers here are really good. I say this because if you don't understand something in class you are always welcome to go back during tutorial (at the end of classes everyday) and ask for more one on one help. Some teachers also go the extra mile and can meet you sometimes if you email them. The teachers here are incredible honestly, I can at least say that for all the teachers that I have personally had.
Episcopal does a okay job keeping up with students and their health. Dr. Bravo is okay. Not always good at helping those all the time but when she does she's okay.
I do not regret my decision to attend Episcopal, all I wish is that they would be more open and offer and talk about diversity more with students. Just become more accepting.
I would say that all of my teachers have been very helpful. So far in my high school career, they have provided great guidance for me. Though at some points in time a teacher has there off day, where a teacher comes in late or they appeared to be distracted in class, I can't hold that against them we are all human.
Start Your Review of Episcopal High School
The health center is accommodating to student needs; however, it is hard to be away from home and be sick. There are always security guards on campus, and it is generally very safe.
I came to Episcopal as a new sophomore and everyone was extremely welcoming. The teachers are wonderful, and I've made lifelong friends!
Most teachers are some of the best in their field. Most hold advanced degrees in education and truly want to teach. They could be pursuing incredible careers in their field and making a lot more money, but they are interested in teaching. They are always available for help and support.