Ephrata Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ephrata, PA. It has 1,247 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Ephrata Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+84 Students
- A66 Students
- B56 Students
- B+48 Students
- A44 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-40 Students
- B33 Students
- B32 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Ephrata Senior High School
- A-Conestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- 288 reviews
- B+Cedar Crest High School
- Cornwall-Lebanon School District, PA
- 211 reviews
- B+Garden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 137 reviews
- A-Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- 215 reviews
Ephrata Senior High School Reviews
I greatly enjoy going to Ephrata High School! I find that the majority of the teachers are understanding and willing to help you when you need it and the student body is overall a positive group. I’ve felt prepared for every keystone I’ve taken and even the PSAT’s due to the wonderful teachers at this school. The only things I would change are the rules on the dress code and the status and activities of the gifted students compared to the normal student body.
Ephrata High School is a small school located in a rural farming area. The community is close knit and a nice place to live. This gives the school a hometown feel, small enough to know many people in your class but big enough to provide a variety of sports, music, and other activities. The teachers are good, helpful, and supportive, as is the administration and guidance department. I was always given good advice when planning my schedule and looking for help to make college ready decisions. I had a good experience being part of the basketball and track teams, learned about the importance of community service being a member of the Leo Club, and had the opportunity to be a member of the Atollo Program that provides team building, leadership skills training, and college prep experiences. The diversity of the student population is fairly limited since it is a small community, but for the size there is a diverse group of student cultures.
Being involved in clubs and sports was a great experience at Ephrata! I felt comfortable reaching out to my teachers outside of the classroom for extra help when needed or to assist them with projects. Being part of a team sport enabled me to have access to working with others, improving my leadership skills and working hard to do well!