Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ephrata Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Ephrata, PA. It has 1,268 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Ephrata Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+128 Students
- A-90 Students
- B84 Students
- A64 Students
- B+61 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
- B-40 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Ephrata Senior High School
- A-Conestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- 295 reviews
- B+Cedar Crest High School
- Cornwall-Lebanon School District, PA
- 248 reviews
- B+Garden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 156 reviews
- B+Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- 231 reviews
Ephrata Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my years at Ephrata High School. The teachers were very supportive. However, there was a huge push for all students to want to attend college. Only during the last year and 1/2 of school was there an option to enter some training to learn a trade. Two recommendations that I would make are to implement the idea that not everyone has to go to college and to make sure that all students know all of the options that are available to them.
It's a pretty good high school located in a safe area. The teachers care about their students, and there are several AP classes and programs to prepare students for college, tech school, or the workforce. They partner with Ephrata National Bank to offer some of the most scholarships at the high school level in Pennsylvania, and possible the mid-Atlantic area.
I greatly enjoy going to Ephrata High School! I find that the majority of the teachers are understanding and willing to help you when you need it and the student body is overall a positive group. I’ve felt prepared for every keystone I’ve taken and even the PSAT’s due to the wonderful teachers at this school. The only things I would change are the rules on the dress code and the status and activities of the gifted students compared to the normal student body.