Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade C minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Environmental Charter High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Lawndale, CA. It has 523 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Environmental Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+180 Students
- grade A147 Students
- grade A+125 Students
- grade A+117 Students
- grade A116 Students
- grade B minus110 Students
- grade A minus110 Students
- grade A104 Students
- grade A103 Students
- grade B+101 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade D minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responses
- Dia De Los Muertos32%
- Pep Rallys21%
- School Dances12%
- Day of Silence11%
- Day Without Shoes9%
- Spirit Week7%
- Earth day3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$25,058 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 53 responses
Schools like Environmental Charter High School
- grade BAnimo Inglewood Charter High School
- Public School
- Inglewood, CA
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 193 reviews
- grade A minusAlliance Leichtman Levine Family Foundation Environmental Science High School
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 254 reviews
- grade AHawthorne Math & Science Academy
- Hawthorne School District, CA
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 218 reviews
- grade APort of Los Angeles High School
- Public School
- San Pedro, CA
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 443 reviews
Environmental Charter High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 272 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Environmental Charter High School in Lawndale is great! They are ranked top 10% for performance in the state, 97% of high school graduates get accepted into a 4-year university, ECS received the 2016 Best of Green Schools "K-12 School" award from the U.S., and there is a 1:25 teacher to student ratio. I've been with ECS since middle school. I attended the Environmental Charter Middle School - Inglewood. The staff on both campuses really care about respecting a student and their wellbeing. Parents are always getting involved whether it's Dia De Los Muertos, Earth Day, Harvesting, and many more events. The classes keep the students engaged and are sometimes taught outside. Students can become tour guides for visitors. There are clubs for every student, and if there isn't, you can always make one. We are big on composting and greenery so students are always helping maintain the campus healthy. Environmental Charter High School is a great school for anyone to attend and learn effectively.
Environmental Charter High School is an amazing place to be. There is so much support and kindness at this school. All of the teachers, wether you are their student or not, are friendly with positive smiles and are very easy to contact and communicate with. The office staff is very fun, efficient, and understanding. Last, the clubs are very diverse and encouraging! Cultural clubs especially, teach a ton about different ethnicities, regions, cultures, languages, and religions that make one more knowledgeable. Last but not least, the schools environment is very comforting. From the fresh fruits and veggies all over campus, to the friendly rabbits and chickens that roam within the students, ECHS proves to contain a unique environment that any regular high school would fail to fulfill.
My experience at Environmental Charter High School was amazing. When I first was informed I got picked to be apart of the school through a raffle I was not amused due to the fact that I went to a middle school with hundreds maybe thousands of students and I was going to be entering a college prep school with 500- 700 students. For me, this was a very dramatic change. Throughout the years you start to notice and actually care deeply about your future and what is good for you. At Environmental Charter Highschool, the campus is a very open-minded, accepting, and caring. Due to the fact that there are such little students, the teachers are able to actually take time and get to know the student and help them be successful. They care about our mental health which is why every year they take all students on a three-day field trip to Catalina, Idyllwild, Joshua tree, and Yoshimety. They prepare us for college and makes sure every student gets accepted to a 4-year college.