Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Ennis High School is an above average, public school located in Ennis, TX. It has 1,670 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Ennis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B184 Students
- grade C176 Students
- grade B+162 Students
- grade A+161 Students
- grade A+154 Students
- grade A127 Students
- grade B126 Students
- grade B+124 Students
- grade A minus122 Students
- grade B minus106 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- High school games31%
- School holidays19%
- Cross country!11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,694 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Ennis High School
- grade BWaxahachie High School
- Waxahachie Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 308 reviews
- grade BPalmer High School
- Palmer Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.39 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade C+Rice High School
- Rice Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 52 reviews
- grade B minusItaly High School
- Italy Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 33 reviews
Ennis High School Reviews
Rating 3.58 out of 5 212 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really like Ennis High School so far. The students are respectful with each other and engage in class. The teachers always make sure that they are teaching what is needed to their students and make sure that the whole class understands. The principal, Mr. Bishop, is a great principal. He is fun and understands us kids and that not everything has to be strict, but when needed he is serious. The 10th grade Assistant Principal, Mrs. Fuller, is my favorite faculty member here at EHS. She has helped me tremendously since the beginning of my freshman year of high school and I can not thank her enough for what she has done for me. Even though she is the one I tend to go to when I have trouble, every faculty member here will do what is needed for the student body here at EHS. I am glad to call EHS my high school.
Absolutely great high school! Teachers are engaged with students every day and genuinely want to improve their students academic skills. The athletic department brings the whole town together at each sports events. In the future, I would 100% feel comfortable with my own kids attending this high school because every faculty member made me and my peers feel comfortable in our own skin and we never had to hesitate to ask for help when we needed it.
Overall a pretty great school. The teachers are some of the most caring people and the school has a wide range of advanced placement and dual credit courses. The only bad thing is probably the over controlling administration, more freedom should be given to teachers and the student body.