Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
English Valleys Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in North English, IA. It has 204 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- A17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-10 Students
- A9 Students
- B8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like English Valleys Junior/Senior High School
- B-Keota High School
- Keota Community School District, IA
- 21 reviews
- B-Sigourney Junior/Senior High School
- Sigourney Community School District, IA
- 27 reviews
- B-Tri-County High School
- Tri-County Community School District, IA
- 18 reviews
- B+Mid-Prairie High School
- Mid-Prairie Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
English Valleys Junior/Senior High School Reviews
English Valleys is a good school district the teachers deserve B+ for trying to help students and challenging them. Not all teachers challenges their students. But them all are willing to help the students. The food would have to be a C though. It's not enough for most students to make it through the day with. Especially for sports. But they have good food. Sometimes. But everything else is outstanding. They are clean, in control, orderly, and everyone is nice. The superintendent visits and checks on our school to make sure everything is going good. He interacts with students and has fun while doing it.
My experience at English valleys has been a very customized and pleasant experience. Being a small school, everybody knows everybody and you always feel at home.
The teachers are very nice and very helpful. Everyone knows everyone and is like a family. The facilities are nice. In a good small town and a friendly neighborhood. The administration is not the best, there is unequal or no punishment for others.