Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Energy Tech High School is a highly rated, public school located in Long Island City, NY. It has 534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Energy Tech High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-39 Students
- A+35 Students
- B26 Students
- A+23 Students
- B23 Students
- A+18 Students
- A18 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Energy Tech High School Reviews
The Principal, teachers and staff are very involved in the success and development of the students. They listen to the parents and are very welcoming to more parents to voice their opinion, suggestions and involvement in the success of the students and the school. I am very glad that my son goes to this school and he is extremely happy there. His only disappointment is that Covid-19 has changed everything about the in-person school experience and this is no fault of the school.
So many opportunities for Engineering majors, especially for girls. We learn AUTOCAD and other tech software programs. Our school has the coolest Robotics program with dedicated teachers. Its located in Long Island City, Queens which is really close to Manhattan and super convenient. The classes are small which allows each student to be seen and heard. My school is very safe and I feel very comfortable there.
I liked the dynamic of teachers and students. Small class sizes made the connection between teachers and students feel personal. We felt as if we had to impress our teachers because they really watched us, and they knew our strengths and weaknesses. I wish the building was not shared with a middle school as we feel trapped, our school also lacks diversity in clubs and interactive activities. We rarely did anything outside of classwork, sitting at desks all the time basically.