COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We care deeply about the health and wellbeing of our students and employees and their safety is our highest priority. Our plans for the 2020-21 school year include options for in-person, online and hybrid learning. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
In 1814, Emma Hart Willard established a school for girls to receive a rich educational experience comparable with their brothers. She pioneered girls’ education, focusing on intellectually stimulating and rigorous courses of study. Over 200 years later, Emma Willard School continues to proudly foster a love of learning, the habits of an intellectual life, and the character, moral strength, and qualities of leadership to serve and shape her world.
Emma Willard School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+68 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+40 Students
Put Your Signature On the World
Emma Willard School’s Signature capstone program for juniors and seniors allows students to deeply explore a personal passion. Over the course of one or two years, students pursue their passion for a topic, work with adult mentors in the field, and have dedicated time to complete their projects. We invite you to discover the wide range of interests in our most recent Signature Showcase.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Emma Willard School Reviews
I had classmates with extraordinary math skills and EWS worked to make these student be able to receive the education needed by working with RPI! They would attend RPI for college level of education in math.
The culture was one of the kind! We bonded much more than I would have bonded with my college Greek house sisters (In fact, I didn't even end up being in Greek house because it felt unnecessary. EWS prep you very well with college life!