Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Elyria High School is a public school located in Elyria, OH. It has 1,819 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Elyria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C182 Students
- A+181 Students
- B-179 Students
- B145 Students
- A-136 Students
- B119 Students
- B-114 Students
- B112 Students
- A-66 Students
- A-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Elyria High School
- B+Oberlin High School
- Oberlin City School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- B-Clearview High School
- Clearview Local School District, OH
- 73 reviews
- BBerea-Midpark High School
- Berea City School District, OH
- 175 reviews
- C+Brookside High School
- Sheffield-Sheffield Lake City School District, OH
- 85 reviews
Elyria High School Reviews
My teachers have all been amazing here. They were always there when myself, or anyone, needed help. My counselor Mr. Burke has also helped a ton! The wonderful administration has helped create an amazing set of programs to help us students out. My 4 years here have been an absolute blast, but I am looking forward to using the skills I have honed here to excel in college. Also a quick shoutout to our great band director, Mr. Putka. He got us to really push ourselves, and become a great band.
I love Elyria High School! The people are very nice and it’s a diverse school. The teachers are very nice and willing to help you when you need it, usually before and after school! There is a variety you can have at lunch, so you won’t go hungry! One thing I wish could change is the calendar throughout the year. I don’t like how we have to go back to school the day after New Years Day, nor do we get Easter Monday off! But overall, Elyria High School is a great great with many opportunities for students.
Elyria High definitely has 5 starts for diversity. Also, the advanced courses offered are some of the best in the county. However being an advanced student, you will only receive the academics. It is very hard for someone with goals to get the help they need to move forward after high school. The staff is too focused on breaking up fights and fixing the bad, that they don't focus on the good. The secretaries are also very rude. Academically, I couldn't have made it this far at any other school. Luckily I have found other resources to help me plan my life afterwards. The high school is so beautiful it's a shame to see how poorly some of the students act and fights are not uncommon, not to mention we need security guards at all times. For someone who wants to do well after high school, there are definitely some pros and cons to look at.