Elmwood High School is an above average, public school located in Bloomdale, OH. It has 318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B57 Students
- A+42 Students
- B38 Students
- B24 Students
- A-18 Students
- B15 Students
- A-13 Students
- A13 Students
- B-12 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Elmwood High School
- A-Eastwood High School
- Eastwood Local School District, OH
- 81 reviews
- B+Liberty-Benton High School
- Liberty-Benton Local School District, OH
- 107 reviews
- BArcadia High School
- Arcadia Local School District, OH
- 55 reviews
- B+Findlay High School
- Findlay City School District, OH
- 210 reviews
Elmwood High School Reviews
When I transferred to Elmwood going into my sophomore year, everyone was very welcoming. I had somewhere to sit at lunch, people talked to me in class, and wanted to get to know me. Schools usually have the different groups, but Elmwood didn't. It's just a little country school where everyone knows everyone, and everybody gets along for the most part. And if somebody doesn't like another they don't really talk about them, they just mind their own business.
What I like about Elmwood High School is that it helps me prepare for the future with its diverse selection of classes. My favorite class is anatomy, because the teacher is very instructive as well as the information she provides us. I enjoy learning in all of my classes because all of the teachers are ready to answer any questions with very beneficial answers. Another thing I enjoy about Elmwood High School is the environment. It is a not a place where you feel uncomfortable by any means. I am a new student this year and it was easy to fit in with the student body. My previous high school closed unexpectedly in 2016 and I was very nervous to start all over again my senior year. When I transferred to Elmwood High School, it almost felt as if I belonged there. If I could change anything it would be to expand diversity of students at the school. I wish this because everyone should be able to feel as welcomed as I did especially with all of the different cultural backgrounds.
My experience at Elmwood High School was a very enjoyable experience. I liked that the teachers are very involved with the students, and want us to succeed in life. During class, the teachers will make sure that you understand what you need for your future.