Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ellsworth High School is a public school located in Ellsworth, KS. It has 270 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Ellsworth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-48 Students
- B37 Students
- B-32 Students
- A-29 Students
- C+28 Students
- B16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Ellsworth High School Reviews
Ellsworth High school is a very welcoming school compared to some that I have attended. We have an amazing student council that help organize most of our school activities. We have an outstanding amount of students that either have perfect attendance or near perfect attendance. Our sports teams are welcoming to any student athletes, even if you aren't that top elite player on the volleyball or basketball team. The counselors and teachers are more than helpful to our students here at EHS. The students here at Ellsworth High School are closer than most schools. Everybody knows everybody and everyone gets along. New teacher? No problem! We treat our new educators with respect and set our exceptions to the same level as we do with all our other educators.
At Ellsworth High School I like how when we have new students everybody is welcoming. Also, the teachers try to have different teaching styles that work well with the students. Somethings I would change about the school is that our music program needs more funding. Sports programs usually gets new uniforms or new sports equipment while we just got new uniforms in the music department. While we had just gotten new uniforms the older ones are 10+ years old. Something else I would change is having more classes to prepare us for the future. Some teenagers don’t know about loans or how to file taxes or even how to save/keep money right way.
All of the teachers really care and are willing to always give help. We are a fairly small school so everyone knows everyone, making for more tight knit and close relationships. It also makes it easier for teachers and students to have strong one on one relationships.