Ellsworth High School
- ELLSWORTH, KS
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Ellsworth High School is an above average, public school located in ELLSWORTH, KS. It has 277 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Ellsworth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A49 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B+8 Students
- grade B8 Students
View Homes Near Ellsworth High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- All the school sporting events and the yearly prom25%
- Pep rallies25%
- Spirit Week25%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,791 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Ellsworth High School Reviews
Rating 3.74 out of 5 34 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Ellsworth High school is a very welcoming school compared to some that I have attended. We have an amazing student council that help organize most of our school activities. We have an outstanding amount of students that either have perfect attendance or near perfect attendance. Our sports teams are welcoming to any student athletes, even if you aren't that top elite player on the volleyball or basketball team. The counselors and teachers are more than helpful to our students here at EHS. The students here at Ellsworth High School are closer than most schools. Everybody knows everybody and everyone gets along. New teacher? No problem! We treat our new educators with respect and set our exceptions to the same level as we do with all our other educators.
At Ellsworth High School I like how when we have new students everybody is welcoming. Also, the teachers try to have different teaching styles that work well with the students. Somethings I would change about the school is that our music program needs more funding. Sports programs usually gets new uniforms or new sports equipment while we just got new uniforms in the music department. While we had just gotten new uniforms the older ones are 10+ years old. Something else I would change is having more classes to prepare us for the future. Some teenagers don’t know about loans or how to file taxes or even how to save/keep money right way.
The environment is great in the high school. Kids socially distancing, really accepting teachers. They change with the times instead of being left behind accepting all people. There is no discrimination against age, race, gender, or sex. Many teachers are willing to help you before and after school and offer many opportunities for extra credit. Perhaps the only issue that could be addressed and bullying.