Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Elliott County High School is a public school located in Sandy Hook, KY. It has 501 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Elliott County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-129 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-26 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Elliott County High School Reviews
Personally, I dislike my school. Elliott County schools focus too much on sports and very little on academics and students. Being a student at Elliott County Schools has taught me that in life sometimes people will try and knock you down but you have to fight through that, and prove to people that you are strong. I would love to have this scholarship so I can prove to people at Elliott County schools, that I am not the outcome of my parents and that I am bound to great things.
Elliott County High is an excellent school for getting to know others. In this small town everyone knows everyone and you’re almoat guaranteed to have a friend. Students always seem to have great bonds with teachers both on an educational and a semi-personal level—since most of our teachers taught our parents and all. Apart from the social aspect, the education is genuine. If students do not feel they are learning to the best of our abilities, we will tell our teachers and it is often fixed. The structural integrity of the school is by far the worst part. The original stone buildings were built while reconvering from the Great Depression and were eventually added onto to create our school now. So, it is a given that the stability of the school is questionable. While not everything is perfect and some things could use work, overall it’s a great place to attend and would be an acceptional school to enroll your children in.
Elliott County is a tight knit community due to its small stature. So its no suprise this carries on into its school system. I know almost if not everyone of the other sudents in my senior class. That is one of the few things I enjoy about my school. However, we are given poor funding , old textbooks and equiptment that bearly runs and are expected to excell. Their are many things I would like to see change such as a new flow of ideas going through the school system. People don't relize that things that worked twenty years ago don't work now. I would also like to see more imphesis on education rather than on basketball.