Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ellinwood High School is a public school located in Ellinwood, KS. It has 138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Ellinwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A48 Students
- B-45 Students
- B38 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-17 Students
- B14 Students
- C+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Ellinwood High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Ellinwood High School
- BHoisington High School
- Hoisington Unified School District, KS
- 14 reviews
- NGChase High School
- Chase-Raymond Unified School District, KS
- 12 reviews
- B-Central Plains High School - Claflin
- Central Plains Unified School District, KS
- 4 reviews
- B-Great Bend High School
- Great Bend Unified School District, KS
- 123 reviews
Ellinwood High School Reviews
Preparing to graduate and looking back, the negatives of the school are fairly balanced to the positives. There is poor communication from the Administration to teachers to Students, an active party scene with underage drinking rampant, and an overall lack of school spirit and pride. On the other hand, teachers are very supportive and have good out-of-the-box learning projects, and they are willing to help whenever they can (the main reason they cant at times is coaching/family obligations). The athletic program isn't too strong, but the kids give it their all. There are the run-of-the-mill clubs that all high schools have (e.x. FBLA, Kansas Association for Youth, Student Council, FFA, NHS, Skills USA)
Ellinwood High School has been the best thing that has happened to me so far! Coming in as a freshman from a private school, I was so shy and scared of high school. However, all the kids welcomed me and even showed me where to go. The teachers here are absolutely amazing as well! They truly care about each student's success, and they often spend lots of their extra time helping students, learning their strengths and weaknesses, and even more. I am so grateful that I have been able to go to Ellinwood High school.
It's a small school, but it has very big opportunities and great leaders. My graduating class will only be 30 students! At Ellinwood High School, we get a great education and we have teachers who all get along and who genuinely care about all of their students, and they always are a great help!