Ellington High School
- ELLINGTON, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade D minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Ellington High School is a public school located in ELLINGTON, MO. It has 260 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Ellington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B44 Students
- grade C42 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade C19 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade A minus15 Students
- grade A14 Students
- grade B+9 Students
- grade C8 Students
View Homes Near Ellington High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,072 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Ellington High School
- grade CVan Buren High School
- Van Buren R-I School District, MO
- Rating 4 out of 5 18 reviews
- grade C+Clearwater High School
- Clearwater R-I School District, MO
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade C+Lesterville High School
- Lesterville R-IV School District, MO
- Rating 2.86 out of 5 7 reviews
- grade B minusSouth Iron High School
- South Iron County R-I School District, MO
- Rating 4.17 out of 5 18 reviews
Ellington High School Reviews
Rating 2.82 out of 5 33 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall Ellington High School is an extremely great small school. You have a connection with all the teachers which allows for a better learning environment. The facility is kept up very well and is very safe all throughout. Great school district overall!
I went to Ellington my entire life and it was a pretty good school throughout. I played basketball and ran cross country, their sports staff is very good. Although there is some things they can work on, it is a very good school.
During my time at Ellington High School, many of my friends have been pulled out of school due to the poor environment and horrendous academics. The school administration seems to be more involved with our sports teams than our education and they continuously have an issue with hiring qualified teachers. I don't recommend this school.