Ella T. Grasso Southeastern Technical High School is a public school located in Groton, CT. It has 484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Ella T. Grasso Southeastern Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C74 Students
- A68 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-20 Students
- B20 Students
- C18 Students
- B-18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Ella T. Grasso Southeastern Technical High School
- C+Norwich Technical High School
- Public School
- Norwich, CT
- 126 reviews
- C+New London High School
- New London School District, CT
- 210 reviews
- B+Montville High School
- Montville School District, CT
- 132 reviews
- B+Robert E. Fitch High School
- Groton School District, CT
- 177 reviews
Ella T. Grasso Southeastern Technical High School Reviews
Grasso tech is a trade school. Its where you can bascially find what you want to do after high school for example if you want to become a veterinarian like me i joined bioscience enviornmental technology. You study animals and plants but mainly small animals like snakes, turtles, fish, and rodents. It was a class of 11 and basically we would transfer between academics and shop. We call it shop. For one two weeks we would be in shop and then switch with academics. Freshmen and seniors would be in academics and sophmores and juniors would be in shop. Then it would switch. My shop class to this day is basically inseparable. We were a little shy freshman year but by the end of sophmore year we were like all best friends. My whole class which was 92 seniors was the best. We were all "innocent" if you get what im saying. Amazing experience!! Loved it!!
Grasso Tech prepared me for not only a great career in culinary arts but for college as well. During my time there I had the opportunity to play various team sports, as well as career organizations such as Skills USA. The teachers at Grasso truly care about their student and work hard to ensure that they will succeed. It’s a safe school with many adult who you can turn to when you need support. I would absolutely recommend Grasso Tech to any student looking for a unique high school experience that will prepare for any post high school experience.
In my three years of Grasso so far the education is great. Some of the work may be difficult but if you put your mind to it you'll be able to achieve. Grasso is good for keeping students updated and always talking to students about important things. The school will have meetings to inform students they're not alone and never to be scared to ask for help. Grasso's trades also help students get a jump start on careers they'd like to pursue in the future. I do believe Grasso Tech should have more school activities like pep rally, spirit week, and more dress down days. They should have more fun activities for the students so that their high school years are memorable.