Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Elkins High School is a public school located in Elkins, AR. It has 433 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Elkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-154 Students
- B-78 Students
- B-64 Students
- C+62 Students
- B47 Students
- B30 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-18 Students
- C+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Elkins High School
- A-Farmington Career Academies
- Farmington School District, AR
- 153 reviews
- B-Greenland High School
- Greenland School District, AR
- 43 reviews
- AHar-Ber High School
- Springdale School District, AR
- 427 reviews
- B-West Fork High School
- West Fork School District, AR
- 81 reviews
Elkins High School Reviews
Elkins has a tremendous academic system! All teachers are happy to help the students who are willing to learn. Many teachers are also happy to advise students on how and where to go to better further their academic careers. I have grown up in Elkins my whole life, and it is as friendly and supportive of its students as it is an excellent school for educating students.
The school needs many changes, it focuses too little on academics and more on things like sports. While there some teachers who are very helpful, there are more who don't offer very much. Certain groups are favored over other groups in the school and the administration seems to care very little about the students. The students get along well with each other and since it is a small school, everyone knows everyone. Overall, the school should have far more difficult tasks in classes. Many students just go through the day with little thought and see school as more of a social gathering.
Elkins is a very good school the teachers are always there if you need help, although, some of your peers may not be as good to you. It's a kind of small school but it is still very good. When I first moved here in 4th grade I had a first-grade reading level because of my ADHD in that year I raised three reading levels and am a 4.0 student and am a very good student. Elkins made me who I am, and I am eternally grateful.