Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Elkhorn High School is a highly rated, public school located in Elkhorn, NE. It has 1,280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Elkhorn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-207 Students
- B198 Students
- A-74 Students
- A49 Students
- B44 Students
- C+44 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-38 Students
- C+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Elkhorn High School
- A+Elkhorn South High School
- Elkhorn Public Schools, NE
- 99 reviews
- AMillard West High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 418 reviews
- A+Millard North High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 403 reviews
- AWestside High School
- Westside Community Schools, NE
- 526 reviews
Elkhorn High School Reviews
I like Elkhorn High school very much! It’s a good school in a nice area. The staff are friendly and the character of each teacher I have had is nice! I gave the school 3 stars because I have had no issue with the school itself other than the fact that it does not help students as much as Omaha schools do or others. Omaha schools for example offer more scholarship opportunities and actively seek to put their students in a positive light and provide as much help and opportunity as possible. Where as in Elkhorn it is very much an independent task to try to find these scholarships with little to no guidance. The point of a high school is to prepare their students for life in the real world, and academically they have provided me with more than enough knowledge on specific subjects, but not enough on how to get involved or gain aid for university. Which is a path they heavily push on their students.
Elkhorn High School offers a challenging curriculum that allows students to learn key skills that can be utilized in their everyday lives and help them achieve their future goals. EHS is also has many programs students can get involved with, my favorite being the vocal music department. The EHS sings program allows students to be apart of the school musical, the Nebraska All-State choir, Concert choir, Jazz choir, and Show choir. I am forever grateful for the lasting memories and opportunities EHS has given me.
What I liked about Elkhorn High School was the challenging curriculum. If it wasn't challenging then I wouldn't have been prepared for the real world or college. The homework was a study tool. It helped prepare you for tests. The teachers were very helpful. There were multiple resources to help you if you were struggling to keep up or if you wanted to go beyond. What lots of other people love is the sports and extracurricular activities! There are sooooo many clubs you can join. The student body was great too. Everyone helped each other out and were there for each other if anyone needed anything. If I were to change anything, I would pay the teachers more so they wouldn't complain about how little they get paid for all they do. They really do a lot and work hard to deliver the best education to us.