Elkhorn Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Elkhorn, WI. It has 884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Elkhorn Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+111 Students
- B+90 Students
- B77 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-38 Students
- A33 Students
- B+33 Students
- B29 Students
- B27 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Elkhorn Area High School
- B+Burlington High School
- Burlington Area School District, WI
- 144 reviews
- A-East Troy High School
- East Troy Community School District, WI
- 116 reviews
- B+Big Foot High School
- Public School
- Walworth, WI
- 79 reviews
- AWilliams Bay High School
- Williams Bay School District, WI
- 27 reviews
Elkhorn Area High School Reviews
The school district is extremely home-school friendly compared to other schools. I just transferred from Burlington High School last year and they have much less options compared to the Options Program at Elkhorn HS. The Options program allows me to finish my required credits without going to school full-time, but rather do half-days and work full-time. Another positive is that they have many class choices that you could not have in traditional schooling due to the fact that you can choose from several online courses, or enroll in a nearby college to take classes.
Elkhorn Area High School has provided my child with a wonderful experience. The teachers are caring and on top of their profession, administration works hard to keep parents informed and they provide excellent opportunities for kids. The district offers a wide breadth of curricular options for students. Their STEM programs are exceptional and the facility upgrades make it one of the best high schools in the state. Love it! Love it! Love it!
It's a very great school overall! The teachers are friendly and want you to succeed. Many of the teachers will end up being your best friend if you want them to. The athletics are pretty average, but the student body as a whole really focuses on athletics which is cool to see. Everyone kind of has their groups they always hangout with and it is not a very diverse school at all. They are lacking in air conditioning so sometimes it can get very hot.