Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Elk Lake Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Springville, PA. It has 518 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Elk Lake Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C28 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade C+23 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A15 Students
- grade A minus15 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade C minus12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Spirit Week27%
- Pep rallies18%
- Pumpkin Chunkin9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,930 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Elk Lake Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusLackawanna Trail Junior/Senior High School
- Lackawanna Trail School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade C+Northeast Bradford Junior/Senior High School
- Northeast Bradford School District, PA
- Rating 3.18 out of 5 67 reviews
- grade BTunkhannock High School
- Tunkhannock Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 121 reviews
- grade B minusWyalusing Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Wyalusing Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.26 out of 5 46 reviews
Elk Lake Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 39 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Elk Lake has a very safe and welcoming environment. All of the teachers have a very unique teaching style that works for each of their classrooms. All of the teachers and faculty are engaged in the students at Elk Lake. Many of the teachers or other employees at Elk Lake are alumni. This makes the environment very well known and friendly. Although I am excited for college and a fresh start, I will miss Elk Lake.
I absolutely loved Elk Lake and still do. The staff is incredible. They made me feel supported in my education. Going to Elk Lake, was like walking into a family night. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. Elk Lake is truly like a family.
Elk Lake school has always been a great place to be. I think one of the reasons behind that is, that it is a smaller school, typically graduating between 90-100 students a year. I believe this makes for more bonding between the faculty and the students, which in my opinion will only help improve the education of the students. All of the faculty will go out of their way to say good morning to students every day, which is just fantastic. Elk Lake is just an absolute great place to go every day.